KyPass 3 is an application for people with extremely high demands on secure personal data management.
It uses the same database format than the open source software KeePass Password Safe.
Your database could be backed up:
- with iCloud Drive,
- with Dropbox, the best back-up service in the world (free accounts come with 2gb of space, enough for your KeePass databases) ,
- with google drive,
- or with any webdav compliant cloud service.
KyPass 3 saves many different information (user names, passwords, urls, comments, ...) in one single database. The entries are sorted in groups. The integrated search function allows to search in the complete database.
- iCloud Drive, Dropbox & Google Drive support (two-way synchronization).
- Auto-fill username/password in internal browser !
- Universal application.
- Icon are displayed in view.
- All orientations support.
- Read/Write mode for .kdb and .kdbx file (also v4)
- Password generator
- Webdav local server.
- Download database from URL
- Password generator
- External keyboard support
- Pin Code
- More feature are available on our website at http://www.kyuran.be
Dropbox users: by default, the databases have to be in the '/Crypted' folder of your Dropbox. This folder could be change in the settings.
dropbox & google drive fix
Ratings and Reviews
Mostly great, some bugs
This app is mostly what I need. It seems that crash on iOS 11 when you try to change the Dropbox folder where files are stored. And the developer comes out with a new “version” as a new app every so often so you have to pay for an “upgrade”. I understand developers need to make money, but be aware of this when you purchase.
This bug will be fixed in the next release 3.92 (& this version is already 4 years old.. 4 years without paying upgrade ;)
Used for years - Google Drive Sync Broken on X
It seems this is the only real way to get a response from the developer. I get an error when I try to enable Google Drive sync and when I try to use Dropbox sync, the app resets back to the beginning before I can copy my password or use my two factor authentication so it’s impossible to set up. This app has become worthless and I refuse to buy the new app based on this experience. 1Password is beginning to look so much better even though it’s 10 times the cost. They have never forced their users to by a new app. They just keep updating. I love KeePass on all my devices, but this is so terribly poor.
400. That’s an error.
This app worked OK until I had to restore the database file to my device. Once restored it kept asking for a master password, of which I never had. I only used a PIN and Touch ID. Without the so-called master password you can not recover anything!! There is no recovery option. Support is nonexistent. Stay far away from this!
- Miguel Vanhove
- 42 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.