By L5 Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: The L5 Remote is an app-driven accessory. You can use the app to design remotes with or without the accessory. Once you’re happy with your design, plug in the accessory to assign and transmit the IR signals.
Go to www.L5remote.com for information on where to buy the L5 Remote accessory.
The L5 Remote turns your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch into a universal remote for home entertainment and home automation devices that come with an infrared remote control. Design your customized button layout, assign the signals from your old remotes or download from our online database, and start controlling in minutes.
- Works with all iOS devices.
- Download remotes or create your own.
- Share remote designs between iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Create, position, size, and label the buttons you want to create your ideal layout.
- Choose from skins or upload custom icons and backgrounds.
- Drag and drop simplicity, iOS and multi-touch power.
- Share images of your remotes by email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Upload and download remotes to the cloud to transfer, share, backup and restore remotes.
- Delete the buttons you don’t use and create the simplest possible remote.
- Quick and easy setup of activities and macros.
- 100,000 button/1000 remote capacity.
- Compatible with U-verse, DirecTV, Comcast, Verizon FiOS, Dish Network, TiVo, Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Panasonic, Vizio, and most other brands.
To leave feedback and feature request, please visit L5remote.com/forum.
What's New in Version 4.2.1
Minor bug fix
Modified screen of import remotes
Some of the reviews led me to believe that it was difficult to program....not true. It does not use the remote codes for manufacturers, but those are a pain anyway. For Sharp TV there are tons of codes and you have to keep trying different ones until you find the one that works. Instead of that, L5 uses their CLOUD where you can download another person's already designed remote for your device and then modify if you choose. It is a much better plan. I had mine up in minutes with FIOS, Sharp, Toshiba, LG, and Onkyo...all working perfectly. Then I combined them into a single interface for each room and our media room. The best remote I found for iOS. The infared transmitter makes it work instanly when you punch a command button, unlike others that use bluetooth or WiFi. Highly recommend.
Great universal remote control!
Let me dispel one myth that seems to be part of many of the reviews I'm reading. This is not a free app that tricks you into buying the adapter. It's free software to control the adapter you've paid for. Nowhere does L5 say that the software alone is what you need, so please disregard those grumps who are criticizing the L5 for having to buy the adapter.
In short, this is a great device with excellent support. I was able to create four remotes in under an hour and have now started to create macros and to combine remotes to save keystrokes.
I wish that it was possible to use the built-in keyboard of the iPad and iPhone for alphanumeric entry, but I realize that this is an IR device and that would be difficult.
Also, be aware that there is no Lightning version of the L5 adapter. It does work with the Lightning-30-pin adapter, but it adds considerable expense to the hardware.
I recommend this device and hardware wholeheartedly. It is much, much less expensive than a Harmony remote, and absolutely as functional. Be sure to shop around for the adapter as it is much more expensive on the L5 site than it is from other on-line retailers.
In summary, a wonderful universal remote control for your iPad and iPhone if you don't have the Lightning connector!
I truly don't understand the people that are giving this product a bad review because you need to buy an accessory for $60. What did you expect? Do you you think you devices that aren't connected to your home network and don't support bluetooth would suddenly grow magical abilities. They require an IR signal to control them, which is what the accessory provides. Oh yeah, have you priced a Harmony Universal remote lately? One with this much versatility costs about $500. How much did you pay for your iPhone or iPad?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 16, 2012
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 8.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: L5 Technology LLC
- © L5 Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.