By L5 Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: The L5 Remote is an app-driven accessory. You can use the app to design remotes with or without the accessory. Once you’re happy with your design, plug in the accessory to assign and transmit the IR signals.
Go to www.L5remote.com for information on where to buy the L5 Remote accessory.
The L5 Remote turns your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch into a universal remote for home entertainment and home automation devices that come with an infrared remote control. Design your customized button layout, assign the signals from your old remotes or download from our online database, and start controlling in minutes.
- Works with all iOS devices.
- Download remotes or create your own.
- Share remote designs between iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Create, position, size, and label the buttons you want to create your ideal layout.
- Choose from skins or upload custom icons and backgrounds.
- Drag and drop simplicity, iOS and multi-touch power.
- Share images of your remotes by email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Upload and download remotes to the cloud to transfer, share, backup and restore remotes.
- Delete the buttons you don’t use and create the simplest possible remote.
- Quick and easy setup of activities and macros.
- 100,000 button/1000 remote capacity.
- Compatible with U-verse, DirecTV, Comcast, Verizon FiOS, Dish Network, TiVo, Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Panasonic, Vizio, and most other brands.
To leave feedback and feature request, please visit L5remote.com/forum.
What's New in Version 4.2.1
Minor bug fix
Modified screen of import remotes
Great universal remote control!
Let me dispel one myth that seems to be part of many of the reviews I'm reading. This is not a free app that tricks you into buying the adapter. It's free software to control the adapter you've paid for. Nowhere does L5 say that the software alone is what you need, so please disregard those grumps who are criticizing the L5 for having to buy the adapter.
In short, this is a great device with excellent support. I was able to create four remotes in under an hour and have now started to create macros and to combine remotes to save keystrokes.
I wish that it was possible to use the built-in keyboard of the iPad and iPhone for alphanumeric entry, but I realize that this is an IR device and that would be difficult.
Also, be aware that there is no Lightning version of the L5 adapter. It does work with the Lightning-30-pin adapter, but it adds considerable expense to the hardware.
I recommend this device and hardware wholeheartedly. It is much, much less expensive than a Harmony remote, and absolutely as functional. Be sure to shop around for the adapter as it is much more expensive on the L5 site than it is from other on-line retailers.
In summary, a wonderful universal remote control for your iPad and iPhone if you don't have the Lightning connector!
Some of the reviews led me to believe that it was difficult to program....not true. It does not use the remote codes for manufacturers, but those are a pain anyway. For Sharp TV there are tons of codes and you have to keep trying different ones until you find the one that works. Instead of that, L5 uses their CLOUD where you can download another person's already designed remote for your device and then modify if you choose. It is a much better plan. I had mine up in minutes with FIOS, Sharp, Toshiba, LG, and Onkyo...all working perfectly. Then I combined them into a single interface for each room and our media room. The best remote I found for iOS. The infared transmitter makes it work instanly when you punch a command button, unlike others that use bluetooth or WiFi. Highly recommend.
Great invention. 2 suggestions
Requires attachment to work but worth it!!
I really love this app! I created 2 different remotes, 1 for all of the living room equipment and 1 for master bedroom. My wife and I bought one of the attachments to try it out and within 5 min of using it, we ordered a second one for our other iPad. I have 2 suggestions for the developers:
1. Make an option for keyboard compatibility. Some new tvs like the Vizio have a keyboard on the other side of the remote. Would be awesome to be able to use a keyboard on the iPad for those tvs.
2 you might look into making a case with the attachment built in to it, with an extra charging port. This could be more expensive but I would prob pay for the convenience of not having to keep track of the attachment when I'm not using it and needing to charge my iPad.
Other than that great job on this app and device!!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 16, 2012
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 8.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: L5 Technology LLC
- © L5 Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.