The La Crosse Tribune provides continually updating news, sports and more local information in this application for La Crosse, Wisconsin and the River Valley.
Now runs on the iPad® as well as the iPhone™ and iPod Touch®
• See the latest news, photos, and video on local topics including politics, sports and more.
• Share stories with your friends via email or Twitter
• Save stories to a reading list for offline viewing
• Receive notifications of breaking news
• Easily access the very latest news from broad categories
• Search through thousands of articles stored in the La Crosse Tribune database
The app no longer requires a login to access a premium content section.
Branding, minor improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Blaring Video Ads, Lack of Organization, and Old Storiesd
Ads, including long, loud video pop up frequently while scrolling through or reading stories. It is obnoxious. The layout of the app is not well organized. Oftentimes stories are not updated and the same newsfeed is in the latest section for days. Most recently there are stories in multiple. Not much local news. A lot of AP stories from all over. Lacking in local content and coverage. Sometimes inappropriate ads at the bottom of the screen. Latest version with pop up ads causes the app to crash frequently.
Use the Web instead
I prefer to read online content much better on the web. Ads hijack the screen in the current edition. Oftentimes, these ads include video which will play and I am in what should be a quiet location.
Full-screen auto-playing video ads
Thanks for taking over the screen to loudly play an advertisement (in the middle of reading an article) while I was reading next to my sleeping toddler. Luckily I'm fast with the home button.
- Lee Enterprises Inc.
- 19.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2011 The La Crosse Tribune
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.