LA Metro Transit Watch
By The Brass Star Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The LA Metro Transit Watch-Report It app is a quick and easy way for L.A. Metro transit riders to communicate directly to Metro about suspicious activity or quality of ride problems at a Metro station or while riding a Metro bus or rail line. Transit riders have the option of directly calling Metro Security or instantly sending a photo or a text message about a quality of ride problem or suspicious activity. The LA Metro Transit Watch-Report It app is designed for use throughout the Metro system, including underground stations. In areas without cellular or Wi-Fi service, the app will store information that is sent by the user and will resend it when cellular or Wi-Fi connectivity returns. The LA Metro Transit Watch-Report It app is a component of the www.transitwatchla.org awareness training website.
Report-It has several additional options for transit riders to use. These include:
- The Transit Watch L.A. website., which features anti-terrorism awareness training videos, a Transit Watch quiz and a Kids Korner with games, puzzles and transit safety information for children.
- The 8–Signs of Terrorism, anti-terrorism awareness training videos as developed by the Department of Homeland Security.
- The ability to monitor Metro L.A. Tweets, Metro Service Alerts, Metro L.A. Elevator Tweets, and TWLA alerts and news videos.
- Maps for Metro Rail, rail construction and Metrolink service.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
3.0.2 Stability Release:
Fixes a bug affecting user accounts, notifications, and uploaded photos.
App works great No problems with crashing or glitches. Using the latest IOS and I download the current version of the app. Also, I cleared my Safari cache and have had no problems using the app. Great design. Makes me feel safe when using public transportation.
App functionality shaky; needs update
Even the screen layout of this app implies it hasn't been updated in a while and, indeed, the last update appears to have been made almost six months prior to this review. The TWLA-Web section of the app uses an out-of-date and glitchy design. I've also experienced repeated freezes when attempting to use the Submit Incident feature. Not good for a public safety app. Update needed!
More cities should use an App like this! App works great for reporting suspicious activity throughout Metro system. Also provides useful maps and information about Metro and safety within Metro in general.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 27, 2015
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 8.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: The Brass Star Group, LLC
- © 2013 Metro - Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.