The LACMA app makes it easy to keep up with everything that’s happening at the museum, from new exhibitions to film screenings, music events, and more.
Whether you’re at the museum or planning your next visit, the LACMA app makes it easy to find what you’re looking for. The app now provides an entirely new interface and access to more than 85,000 works of art spanning more than two millennia. A mobile-optimized map makes it easier than ever to find great works of art and other amenities on campus.
The LACMA app was designed with the visitor in mind. Here are some of the exciting new features:
• Browse: Access the whole collection to find new works of art and learn more about the ones you already love.
• Plan: Stay up to date on current exhibitions, upcoming events, and special programs to make the most of your museum visit.
• Search: Search the full collection, current exhibitions, and the calendar. Refine your results with a variety of filters.
• Discover: During your museum visit, the app adapts to provide contextually relevant and exciting information about what’s around you.
• Explore: Self-guided tours provide behind-the-scenes perspectives on the museum’s collections and exhibitions, with audio and video commentary from artists, curators, and other experts.
• Location-aware alerts require your phone’s GPS and Bluetooth services.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• This app does not read or report personal information about you.
• This app uses local storage for caching purposes only.
By using the app, you agree to LACMA terms and conditions. http://www.lacma.org/about/contact-us/terms-use
iPhone X compatibility.
Ratings and Reviews
Decent App, but Freezes!
I like the LACMA app overall - great idea to have a map of the campus, events, and audio descriptions all in one place. However, this app freezes regularly as it is starting up! I am a LACMA member and visit regularly, and just today I was visiting the museum and could not get the app to work the entire day! When I need it most, it does not work.
If the app developers can fix that bug, then I think this is a very solid app. I’m kind of disappointed though!
App would not start
App would not start, I waited for the spinner to stop for several minutes before giving up.
Nice opening screens, but that's all I could see of it.
App did not work or even open up
App did not work or open up on my iphone , still enjoyed lacma museum but the app was a bust
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- 12.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.