The LACMA app makes it easy to keep up with everything that’s happening at the museum, from new exhibitions to film screenings, music events, and more.
Whether you’re at the museum or planning your next visit, the LACMA app makes it easy to find what you’re looking for. The app now provides an entirely new interface and access to more than 85,000 works of art spanning more than two millennia. A mobile-optimized map makes it easier than ever to find great works of art and other amenities on campus.
The LACMA app was designed with the visitor in mind. Here are some of the exciting new features:
• Browse: Access the whole collection to find new works of art and learn more about the ones you already love.
• Plan: Stay up to date on current exhibitions, upcoming events, and special programs to make the most of your museum visit.
• Search: Search the full collection, current exhibitions, and the calendar. Refine your results with a variety of filters.
• Discover: During your museum visit, the app adapts to provide contextually relevant and exciting information about what’s around you.
• Explore: Self-guided tours provide behind-the-scenes perspectives on the museum’s collections and exhibitions, with audio and video commentary from artists, curators, and other experts.
• Location-aware alerts require your phone’s GPS and Bluetooth services.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• This app does not read or report personal information about you.
• This app uses local storage for caching purposes only.
By using the app, you agree to LACMA terms and conditions. http://www.lacma.org/about/contact-us/terms-use
iPhone X compatibility.
Ratings and Reviews
Got charged for this app! Beware!
The brochure at LACMA says this is a free app but I got charged $5.99!! App Store didn't indicate there was a cost associated with it. Totally robbery. Too bad I had to select any stars.
Interesting Content, Great Layout
Although many museums now offer tours via smart phones, LACMA seems to have really upped the ante and set a high bar with their app - I don't know any other museum that offers the ability to purchase tickets and make reservations for on-campus events through your phone.
It seems designed to be most effective when used as a navigation/exploration tool while visiting LACMA's campus, but there's enough content available to make the offsite experience interesting as well.
Sexy interface, easy to use
I like the way this app is designed, it's really easy to see what's going on at the museum right now, including exhibitions, lectures, movies, etc.
There's also a cool feature that shows you where on the LACMA campus the exhibition you want to see is up on a map, which is super helpful because its a BIG place.
I'm not sure what problem the other people were having before, but I installed it with no problems.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- 12.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.