Laminar Pro - Image Editor
By Pranav Kapoor
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Photoshop Touch vs. Laminar – which is better?"
"Laminar Is Like A Little Lightroom For iPad"
-CultOfMac.com : http://tinyurl.com/6oeqkqu
"Laminar for iPad is a good Photoshop Touch alternative"
Laminar provides iPhoneography enthusiasts with a complete set of tools to quickly add life and emotions into their images. It offers complete set of tools needed to edit your images on the go. From filters and textures, to histograms and layers; it has something for everyone!
• One of the most exhaustive support for layers and masks on iOS.
• Dedicated annotation tool to add text, balloons, and stamps to your images.
• Complete range of brushes, including Clone, Smudge, Dodge etc.
• Over 60 one touch filters & Fx including Polarizer, Retro, Vintage, Art Fx including Comic, etc
• Extensive list of editing tools including miniature, lighting engine, gradient, lens-flare, color-splash, replace color etc.
• Import/Export images from your albums on Flickr/Facebook, or even search for same on web using Bing!.
Dedicated features in the Pro Version are:
• Save/Restore projects.
• Export your projects as PSD.
• Import files directly from Dropbox.
• Lens Flare.
• Dedicated implementation for iPad.
Other Features & Specs:
• Work on Individual channels to get that perfect tonal effect.
• Work with RAW camera images. (Needs location services to be enabled).
• Brushes. Complete customization options including Variance, Jitter, Softness etc.
• 7 Border and Frame selections.
• Support of output resolution as high as 20 MP on iPad4/iPhone 5.
If facing problems, be sure to check if your iPad is not running low on space. Reinstalling the app also helps in certain situations. Feel free to reach me directly at email@example.com, or our support at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Fixes with version 2.0.2
• Fixed issue, causing app to crash when working with curves.
• Fixed the order of images inside photo-albums. They now show up newest first.
• On iPad, individual imports were shown as separate albums. This caused the significant delay for some users. Fixed this, albums should show up a lot quicker now.
• Fixed issue where in the aspect-ratio was locked for resizing images. Single images can be resized as needed (With/Without aspect ratio). For a project with multiple layers, the resize only works when aspect-ratio is locked.
Whats new with version 2.0
• Export as PSD (Beta).
• Ability to save and retrieve projects.
• Import files directly from Dropbox.
• Lens Flare.
• Added resize tool in iPad.
• Fixes numerous issues with IOS 7.0.
We had to remove the app from the store to fix the crash occurring on iOS 7. But the UI itself was completely broken for the new iOS. We had to re-write a big section of the UI components, and it took time. I apologize for the delay, but there is no way we could have allowed the app to be in sale in that state.
• We have re-done various UI elements, and tools like gradient, miniature, annotation are completely redone. We have also re-worked basic elements pickers for font, color etc.
PS: We have temporarily removed the "FTP" upload functionality. Will be added back in the coming update.
Best Photo App, Wish List
This is by far the best app I have used on the iPad to edit my images.
I have some things for my wish list:
1. Before you changed the way we saved files, i was allowed to change the file name when saving to the PHOTO STREAM. I would like that back.
2. I thought we had more access to other photo import options. We used to be able to import a file from the clipboard and that feature is now gone. I would like that back.
3. When I am done editing a photo, I have to go into Photogene to input EXIF data. This is why I gave you only 3-stars. There is no reason you can't provide this. Even iPhoto adds a caption to the EXIF data.
4. I would like to see the ability to import from various clouds and even from Flickr. If we can export to these places, coding to import should be as easy.
My biggest wish is EXIF data. I used photoshop on my laptop and not my iPad has completely replaced the laptop when I added a hard-case keyboard and use a Jot stylist and the Evergreen stylists. Some of my clients require that data be stored in the EXIF because that is where they get the cutlines, bylines, categories and sub-categories, location, date, GPS data, and usage and rights management data.
Photogene allows update to all of that. However, like in photoshop, I have to resave the image in this other editor, and I am not sure if the image degrades like it does in PS when multiple JPG files are saved.
Annoying effects in UI
The user interface is a bit old school and the effects of all menus and popups are very annoying.
Can't access events
Lots of potential but worthless since I cannot access events. The only photo app that I've seen that will not access events! Huge mistake.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 19, 2013
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 118 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rakesh Kapoor
- © Pranav Kapoor
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.