By LandPKS project
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
LandInfo makes soil and site characterization fast and easy! This app allows you to enter data about soil texture, topography and easily observable soil properties. It also provides free cloud storage and sharing, which means that you and others can access your data from any computer as soon as your upload completes. Cloud connectivity also allows the app to return site-specific temperature, rainfall, estimated amount of water the soil can store for plants, and growing season length information for your location within about 5 minutes of data upload.
LandCover is a simple tool for rapidly recording vegetation cover and structure using a 1 meter or yard stick in a 1/4 hectare (3/5 acre) plot. Indicators are automatically calculated on the phone, and all data and indicators are automatically uploaded to the Cloud as soon as a data connection is available. Users record vegetation cover using a point-intercept method at each of 5 points at 20 locations in each plot. Plant height class, plant density for up to 2 species, and the presence of large inter-canopy gaps are also recorded at each location. The app is self-explanatory but detailed methods are described in the free download “Monitoring Rangeland health: a guide for pastoralists and other land managers in eastern Africa” at http://www.jswconline.org/content/68/1/5A.full.pdf+html.
Developed by LandPKS Team (Thanh Nguyen) for the Land-Potential Knowledge System (LandPKS) with support from USAID and USDA-ARS.
• A simple, primarily graphics-based interface that minimizes language and literacy requirements.
• Embedded tutorials to guide the user through soil texture evaluations.
• Offline data collection - users can collect data even if no internet connection is available. Once a connection is established, the data will be uploaded and the user will receive analyses and feedback (soil calculations and climate).
• Unlimited access to stored data via a link to a web-based data portal at http://www.landpotential.org. The data portal also provides a data visualization application and mapping interface.
What's New in Version 2.1.7
- Minor fix bugs
- Improve performance
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 09, 2017
- Version: 2.1.7
- Size: 40.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: New Mexico State University
- © 2016 New Mexico State University
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.