Think language learning is boring? Think again.
FlashAcademy® is changing the way we learn languages.
It’s simple - when we’re engaged, we learn more. Say goodbye to lengthy grammar drills or boring vocab sheets - our exciting, innovative games make language learning fun and fast.
• Perfect for school, work or travel
• Available for any level – from absolute beginner to advanced learners
• Unique and proven effective combination of lessons, games, flashcards, tutor videos and translation features
• Everything you need to achieve your language goals - in your pocket
• Constantly adjusts to your needs and learning style
• State-of-the-art object translator for over 40 languages
• More languages added all the time
• Ideal for both children and adults
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
• Point your phone or tablet at any object around you to translate it into over 40 languages
• Interactive 5-10 minute lessons
• Memory building, quick-fire word games
• Flash cards with native speaker audio and video
• Grammar tips (including verb conjugations)
• Culture tips to open up your world
• Interesting topics such as travel, shopping, culture and business
• Compare your own speech with native speakers
• Track your progress with detailed statistics and social leaderboard
• Scan your FlashSticks® Post-It® notes
• Available offline
FlashAcademy® is an invaluable classroom resource for time-stretched teachers looking to inspire a love of languages in their students. Check out www.flashacademy.com for details on our special schools programme, which includes a teacher dashboard, detailed statistics on students’ progress and more.
GET IN TOUCH
Questions? Comments? Want to chat? We’re here FOR YOU.
We’re a super friendly team based in Birmingham, UK, and we’re always keen to hear about any of your comments on the app. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning languages is our passion. We Tweet out tips, quizzes and other interesting stuff at @FlashAcademy_HQ, and our Instagram is full of fun content for language learners – check it out at @FlashAcademy_HQ!
FlashAcademy® was created by the team behind FlashSticks® language Post-it® Notes.
A subscription is required in order to unlock unlimited use of the app for all languages, levels and features.
(The Scan FlashSticks® feature is free for unlimited use.)
There are three subscription options available:
• 1 month access for £6.99
• 6 months access for £24.99
• 12 months access for £35.99 (that’s just £3 a month!)
Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. You can manage your subscriptions at any time from your Account Settings.
In this latest version you will find:
2 new games
3 improved games
Better game scoring/rewards
New courses - learn English from Russian, Mandarin, Tamil & Bengali
Loads of bug fixes
Some improvements of the app's performance
A new indicator to show you which categories you have available for offline use
Ratings and Reviews
Good but could be great!
I am currently in the German part of this app I haven’t seen the others yet. I like the games and the flash cards that it offer and the app is neat with the features of taking a photo and giving you a translation. My complaint is when you go back into lesson on accident it automatically marks you as a 0 so you must retake it. I also have a hard time when they give you a sentence the man on the German lessons go so fast I have no clue I have a hard time hearing the pronunciation of the words. I wish they also did a running of flash cards of lessons you have completed so I don’t have to go back and look in each individual lesson. I also think the game is fun but only once you have completed your WHOLE lesson. Great words to learn easy to maneuver through the app however those suggestions I provided. I will be checking out the other languages they offer because I purchased the whole year.
I never leave reviews but I really enjoy this app and it really does help build vocabulary for other languages! There is a feature to practice pronunciation during exercises and I find this very beneficial too. I think it would be amazing if the developers could also make a separate section just for practicing pronunciation with the pronunciation practice exercises that are already part of the app just isolated. This would make the app 6/5 stars in my opinion. Really great app if you are tying to establish vocabulary in a new language!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking your time to review our app it means a lot to us. We are happy to see that you are enjoying it!
Fun app for language learning
The app is very similar to Duolingo and even though it doesn’t have my first choice of language I still decided to get it to learn some Italian. The first free lesson was really fun so I decided to upgrade. Initially I had some issues with the upgrade working on my phone. Finally customer support got back with me. I had to delete the app data in the settings app. After that, I can finally use the premium version. Hope I learn some Italian and hope Hindi will be added at some point in time.
- Learning Labs Ltd
- 265.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Learning Labs Limited
- In-App Purchases
- FlashAcademy Premium Subscription $8.99
- FlashAcademy Premium Subscription $45.99
- 1 Month Subscription $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.