Harness the power of a scientifically proven 4-in-1 speech therapy app that boosts reading, writing, speaking, and listening in people with aphasia. Whether you’re recovering from a stroke or brain injury, Language Therapy can help.
TRY THIS APP FOR FREE!
Language Therapy Lite is a free sample of the activities found in the full version of Language Therapy. You’ll get 5-7 exercises in each activity to see if this is the right app for you.
STUDIES SHOW… IT WORKS!
Struggling with language can feel like being trapped in your own mind. But there’s an answer. Research at the University of Cambridge showed improvement in every single participant with chronic aphasia who used this app for 20 minutes a day over 4 weeks. Get real results that last.*
- Overcome aphasia and boost language skills with a proven app designed by experts
- Enhance speech therapy with countless activities that are perfect for clinical and home use
- Learn in 5 languages: US or UK English, Spanish, German, French
- Get a toolkit that’s faster and more adaptable than photo cards, letter tiles, and other therapy aids
- Use score reports and adjustable options to seamlessly fit the app into your therapy program
- Fully customize your activities by adding your own words, pictures, prompts, or sounds
- No subscriptions, ever – our best-selling app will always be there when you need it
** THERE’S NO BETTER TIME TO START. Try it now for FREE with Language Therapy Lite! **
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET IN ONE EASY PACKAGE:
COMPREHENSION THERAPY – IMPROVE YOUR UNDERSTANDING
Build listening and reading comprehension skills for nouns, verbs, and adjectives. Take the first step in your aphasia recovery with an app that automatically adjusts difficulty based on performance.
3 ACTIVITIES: Listen | Read | Listen & Read
NAMING THERAPY – FIND THE RIGHT WORDS
Practice naming and improve word-finding skills. In 4 activities, you do everything from naming the things you see to describing their features, all with cues and hints to guide you. Build independence by learning strategies to communicate your thoughts and needs.
4 ACTIVITIES: Naming Practice | Describe | Naming Test | Flashcards
READING THERAPY – TAKE YOUR READING TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Strengthen literacy with phrase and sentence exercises in an app that’s perfect for independent practice. Improve attention to detail, practice oral reading, and build on the single words of Comprehension Therapy as you move toward the more advanced reading skills needed for independent living.
4 ACTIVITIES: Phrase Matching | Phrase Completion | Sentence Matching | Sentence Completion
WRITING THERAPY – BOOST YOUR SPELLING SKILLS
Improve spelling ability by practicing completing and building the words you hear and see. Pick letters from a limited choice or full alphabet, then place and rearrange them at will for an intuitive and challenging experience. The perfect spelling practice is waiting.
4 ACTIVITIES: Fill in the Blank | Copy | Spell What You See | Spell What You Hear
IN ALL 4 OF LANGUAGE THERAPY’S APPS, YOU GET:
- 700+ core nouns, verbs, and adjectives that run throughout all 4 apps
- Thousands of exercises for countless hours of practice
- Recommendations on what to do next based on your score
- Activities for people struggling with aphasia after stroke or brain injury, autism, or just learning a new language
- Simple, distraction-free interfaces that are easy to use for all ages and abilities
- No subscriptions, no monthly bills, no Wi-Fi needed
WHY WASTE YOUR TIME ON APPS THAT DON’T WORK? Download Language Therapy and watch the improvement begin.
Looking for something different in a speech therapy app? Find the right apps for you at tactustherapy.com/find
*Every person and every brain is different. Your results may vary.
- fixed an issue some users were experiencing when taking photos to add their own custom items
Ratings and Reviews
Great free way to test out this app and see if the full version will work well for your patients/students! As an SLP with a budget, it's so valuable to be able to play with the lite version of the app to decide if it's where I should spend my limited resources! (And with Tactus apps, I end up downloading the full versions for all of them - reasonably priced, evidence-based, and easy to use in structured therapy sessions.)
Try out a great app!
I love that this Lite version allows you to try out all features with a limited set. Every SLP should download it to try it out.
There is no way to go back to the home screen. If you press the home icon you get the choices to continue, try again, email, and buy. None of those take you to the home. You have to close the app to do so. I don't know how this would have gotten through any beta testing, it looks like it wasn't tested at all.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for trying the app! We're sorry you're having difficulty navigating. You'll find an option that says "Done" with a home icon under all the options you listed. We extensively test our apps to ensure the highest quality, but if you have a specific device or iOS version that isn't working properly, we want to know about it. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of the problem and device/iOS details so we can work to correct it. Please also check again to look for the Done/Home option at the bottom of the menu. Perhaps you just missed it.
- Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd
- 74.7 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 - 2018 Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.