Lapua Ballistics is the ultimate 6DOF ballistics tool for mobile devices. Lapua Ballistics is the first mobile ballistics app utilizing the 6DOF calculation model, which makes it the most accurate ballistics app on the market. Lapua Ballistics always offers the latest, Doppler proven Lapua cartridge and bullet data for you to combine with your firearm and local weather information. The app also includes the option to define custom bullets manually.
• Utilizes 6DOF, the most accurate calculation method
• Always available with latest Lapua cartridge / bullet information
• Quick and easy to change inputs like distance, wind speed and angle
• Several result outputs available depending on your needs; numerical, reticle,
table and graph views
• Share your calculation results with your friends
Manage rifle / Cartridge data
• Create your own firearm / reticle combinations
• Choose between metric and imperial values
• Set Point Blank-range to different sight-in distances and impact windows
• Define aiming point to moving target
• Define custom bullets (calculations based on BC G1 or G7 and Siacci method)
• Pre-set max 4 powder temperature - Vo pairs to the same cartridge to correct powder temperature sensitivity
• Sight-in-POI, Coriolis calculation
• Compare up to 3 Lapua cartridge/bullet performances to each other
Support for 2 new languages: Norwegian, Finnish
Support for new display sizes
Ratings and Reviews
Promising, Needs Work
Review is on UI only. No opportunity to test solutions yet.
I MOSTLY like the UI. Great approach, graphics ranging from OK (POI chart) to great (drop plots and options). I really dislike entering values in a text box at the bottom of the screen as opposed to directly in the field of interest. I also had to re-start the app after changing my units (I went from pure metric to mixed units). Even more critical, the click value changes I entered didn't take effect until after a restart.
I like the two-part calc window and how it zooms on touch. The ability to keep the solution in the upper part while scrolling additional views and info on the lower part is well-done, IMO.
Bottom line - slightly clunky. Still plenty of functionality opportunities. The app would benefit from a round table of expert users with the developer.
Still needs work
The corrections match my known data great but there are some bugs. Moving target doesn't work. Unless I scroll up, it gives the corrections in clicks not mils (not a huge deal just add the decimal but annoying) I would like the ability to remove some of the graphs. Add the moving target to the home screen and definitely add density altitude.
Comes in handy for field calculations
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.