Apple's iPhone Game of the Year 2015
Best Mobile/Handheld Game - The Game Awards 2015
Lara Croft GO is a turn based puzzle-adventure set in a long-forgotten world. Explore the ruins of an ancient civilization, discover well-kept secrets and face deadly challenges as you uncover the myth of the Queen of Venom.
• Experience lush visuals and a captivating soundtrack
• Navigate using simple swipe-to-move controls
• Fight menacing enemies, overcome dangerous obstacles and escape deadly traps
• Solve more than 115 puzzles split into 7 chapters
• Collect ancient relics and unlock new outfits for Lara
Following the award-winning Hitman GO, Square Enix Montréal brings yet another beloved franchise to mobile with this unique take on the iconic heroine’s adventures.
A legit masterpiece - The App Store
A classic Tomb Raider experience - IGN
A journey well worth taking - Entertainment Weekly
A really great puzzle game- The Verge
Lara Croft GO is not compatible with the iPhone 4.
• iPhone X optimization
• Various improvements and bug fixes
Thank you for playing Lara Croft GO! Let us know what you like and what we can do even better at forums.eu.square-enix.com, Twitter or at support.eu.square-enix.com.
Ratings and Reviews
In reimagining the classic Tomb Raider games, Square Enix built a turn-based puzzler that’s both true to its roots and completely fresh. This Apple Design Award winner pairs a gorgeous art style with super-fun gameplay where you avoid traps and collect relics. The experience feels so perfect for iOS, it was also our 2015 iPhone Game of the Year.
Amazing Puzzle Game, Wonky Controls
The puzzles are amazing! Some are hard and some are not so bad! Don’t get me wrong, the game is fun and it still deserves 5 stars. My only problem is with it it the controls. First of all, I love how there are no on screen controls so none of your content is covered. My only problem is how the controls function. The controls revolve around swiping the move left right forwards or backwards. That sounds like a good concept, but that’s where the problem lays. When you swipe, you only move a set distance. So when you move in a straight line you find yourself constantly swiping in the same direction. This type of control makes the walking motion look very unsmooth. Overall, I definitely recommend the game because the puzzles are very fun and some are challenging. Props to the creators I just wish the controls were different.
If there’s a perfect game on the iOS store, this is it. Everything about Lara Croft Go is of the highest caliber which means fantastic art, sound design, music, and gameplay. The game really captures what is at ultimately the heart of the franchise: exploration and puzzle solving in exotic and mysterious locations. I’ve played through the game many times, still trying to find all the relics. The last chapter called Mirror of Spirits is also well done; the mirror mechanic being very clever. It’s a very casual game, but absolutely a fantastic, five star experience.
Devs: I’m sure there are many fans out there (me included) that are hoping hoping hoping you’ll make a second fantastic Lara Croft Go!
- SQUARE ENIX Ltd
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- ©2015 SQUARE ENIX LTD. LARA CROFT and LARA CROFT GO are trademarks of Square Enix Limited. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- All Puzzle Solutions $1.99
- Square Enix Outfit Pack $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.