Lara Croft GO
By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple's iPhone Game of the Year 2015
Best Mobile/Handheld Game - The Game Awards 2015
Lara Croft GO is a turn based puzzle-adventure set in a long-forgotten world. Explore the ruins of an ancient civilization, discover well-kept secrets and face deadly challenges as you uncover the myth of the Queen of Venom.
• Experience lush visuals and a captivating soundtrack
• Navigate using simple swipe-to-move controls
• Fight menacing enemies, overcome dangerous obstacles and escape deadly traps
• Solve more than 115 puzzles split into 7 chapters
• Collect ancient relics and unlock new outfits for Lara
Following the award-winning Hitman GO, Square Enix Montréal brings yet another beloved franchise to mobile with this unique take on the iconic heroine’s adventures.
A legit masterpiece - The App Store
A classic Tomb Raider experience - IGN
A journey well worth taking - Entertainment Weekly
A really great puzzle game- The Verge
Lara Croft GO is not compatible with the iPhone 4.
What's New in Version 2.1.7
What's New in Version 2.1.7
- The new chapter, Mirror of Spirits, is finally available! Take Lara through a whole new journey in an alternate reality.
- Play through 25 new puzzles introducing 3 new mechanics
- New free Lara Croft GO Sticker Pack for iMessage
- Various bug fixes and improvements
Over time, became a 5-star game
My initial impression of this game was that, although it was undoubtedly a masterpiece in many ways, it wasn't as good as Hitman Go. My gripes with this game were that it was too short (beat the initial release in about 1.5 hours), too easy, and little to no replay value.
With the two level expansions, those first two shortcomings have gone out the window. The game is now a pretty engrossing length, and the newer level (especially the most recent) are quite challenging - you really have to think your way through them, can't just stumble through.
Hitman is still a better game based on the replay factor - you need to replay levels in order to get different achievement - but there's no question that LCG has become a 5-star game.
When I bought this game, I had no idea what to expect. It said in-app purchases, so I thought it was gonna be another one of those pay to play games. It is NOT. You can buy an outfit pack or solutions to all puzzles, which I have found online guides for when I get stuck. I have gotten to the giant spider area and I'm not bored! Each area poses new challenges or enemies that you have to figure your way around, "dying" several times in the process. It doesn't require internet, so I recommend for long road trips, plane rides, etc. Stimulate your brain and have a little fun with gorgeous graphics!
Surprisingly Challenging and Unique
This is such a nice change for puzzle and adventure games. Yes, it's the familiar Lara Croft we all know and love. But she's in a unique, turn-based, puzzle adventure game that manages to stay fresh from beginning to end. It's so easy to pick up that there isn't even a tutorial, but rapidly gets more complicated. Despite the challenge, it isn't frustrating as you can take as much time as you want completing each level and restarting is painless if you fail. Trust me; you will fail a lot. It also looks great on either iPhone or iPad (I mostly play on iPad Pro).
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 13, 2017
- Version: 2.1.7
- Size: 1.18 GB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: SQUARE ENIX Ltd
- ©2015 SQUARE ENIX LTD. LARA CROFT and LARA CROFT GO are trademarks of Square Enix Limited. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- All Puzzle Solutions$1.99
- Square Enix Universe Outfit Pack$1.99