By LogMeIn, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
LastPass Authenticator is a two-factor authentication app for your LastPass account and other supported apps. LastPass Authenticator offers simple, secure authentication to your accounts by generating passcodes for login, or receiving push notifications for one-tap approval.
ADD MORE SECURITY
Safeguard your LastPass account and other important accounts with two-factor authentication. Two-factor authentication improves your digital security by protecting your account with an additional login step. Even if your password is compromised, your account can’t be accessed without the two-factor authentication code.
You can mark your device as “trusted”, so you won’t be prompted for codes on that device, but your account will still be protected with two-factor authentication.
HOW IT WORKS
To turn on LastPass Authenticator for your LastPass account:
1. Download LastPass Authenticator to your mobile device.
2. Log in to LastPass and launch your “Account Settings” from your vault.
3. In “Multifactor Options”, edit LastPass Authenticator and change Enabled to Yes.
4. Select "Update", and enter your LastPass master password to confirm.
5. Select "Enroll", then follow the instructions in your browser to activate LastPass Authenticator on your device.
LastPass Authenticator can also be turned on for any service or app that supports Google Authenticator or TOTP-based two-factor authentication.
To login to your LastPass account or another supported service:
1. Open the app to generate a 6-digit code, or approve an automated push notification
2. Alternatively, send the code in an SMS
3. Enter the code into the login prompt on your device
- Generates 6-digit codes every 30 seconds
- Push notifications for one-tap approval
- PIN and Touch ID support
- Support for SMS codes
- Automated set-up via QR code
- Support for LastPass accounts
- Support for other TOTP-compatible services and apps (including any that support Google Authenticator)
- Add multiple accounts
What's New in Version 1.5.0
Minor improvements and fixes.
Problems with iOS search
I do not know if this is the apps problem or a problem with iOS, but the app will not show up when I search Authenticator, lastpass authenticator, or lastpass in the iOS search bar this app does not come up. I depend on that feature. Generally, everything else works great.
Works flawlessly. Easy to set up, edit, alphabetize sites, delete sites, and backs up to LastPass password manager (if you have an account, but not necessary). Easier than Authy. Google Authenticator cannot be synced or backed up. Bye bye Google.
Frequently won’t load. Crashes. Update wipes saved Data so you have to reset. Its basically a giant pain in the neck to use.
Oh and the whole "device not paired with your last pass account" error even when you pair it with your last pass account repeatedly? That's the icing on the cake.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 28, 2017
- Version: 1.5.0
- Size: 23.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: LogMeIn, Inc.
- Copyright © 2017 LogMeIn Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.