By LogMeIn, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
LastPass Authenticator offers effortless two-factor authentication for your LastPass account and other supported apps. With one-tap verification and secure cloud backup, LastPass Authenticator gives you all the security, without any of the frustration.
ADD MORE SECURITY
Safeguard your LastPass account by requiring two-factor authentication codes when signing in. Two-factor authentication improves your digital security by protecting your account with an additional login step. Even if your password is compromised, your account can’t be accessed without the two-factor authentication code.
You can even mark a device as “trusted”, so you won’t be prompted for codes on that device while your account remains protected by two-factor authentication.
TURNING IT ON
To turn on LastPass Authenticator for your LastPass account:
1. Download LastPass Authenticator to your mobile device.
2. Log in to LastPass on your computer and launch “Account Settings” from your vault.
3. In “Multifactor Options”, edit LastPass Authenticator and view the barcode.
4. Scan the barcode with the LastPass Authenticator app.
5. Set your preferences and save your changes.
LastPass Authenticator can also be turned on for any service or app that supports Google Authenticator or TOTP-based two-factor authentication.
To login to your LastPass account or other supported vendor service:
1. Open the app to generate a 6-digit, 30-second code OR approve/deny an automated push notification
2. Alternatively, send SMS code
3. Enter the code into the login prompt on your device OR hit approve/deny request
- Generates 6-digit codes every 30 seconds
- Push notifications for one-tap approval
- Optional encrypted backup to restore your tokens on a new/reinstalled device
- Support for SMS codes
- Automated set-up via QR code
- Support for LastPass accounts
- Support for other TOTP-compatible services and apps (including any that support Google Authenticator)
- Add multiple accounts
- Available on Android and iOS
What's New in Version 1.5.1
In this release we are pleased to include support for the iPhone X, as well as support for SHA512 TOTP generation, for services that support it.
Keep the feedback coming!
Best of mobile authenticators, still a lot of room for improvement
Just added support for iPhone X, which is great. But it would be more functional and helpful to have Apple Watch support so that I could look up Authenticator codes without needing to take out my phone at all.
However, my biggest gripe is with the way back up and restore is handled. While you’re back up will automatically restore when you sign into LastPass, push notifications remain broken. The process to fix this requires reregistering the Authenticator with your account and is very tedious and difficult to find on the LastPass website. It seems to me that it back up and restore is already supported in the Authenticator, that one would desire to also resume push notifications with a restore. automating that process would easily help me bring this up to four or five stars.
Watch Interface Ridiculous
Authenticator notifications come to the Watch, but the only options are to Deny or Dismiss—you can't Verify. Even though it the Watch screen says Verify Login Request, that button does nothing; you must pull out your phone to finish the process.
If it offered only Dismiss then it would function strictly as a notification method, which would be somewhat understandable even though disappointing. But since it actually allows you to Deny a request it appears they intend the Watch to offer some operational value.
Yet if that's the case, WHY NOT enable it to also Verify a request, which is the typical and most useful case? This shortfall is highly annoying.
Great for LastPass Users
One-tap verification for 2FA authentication with LastPass is very convenient. It also works anywhere that Google Authenticator would and has all of the same features (QR scanning, tap to copy/paste codes, backup, etc) but it also supports iPhone X & FaceID. It also looks cleaner.
I really wish I could use one-tap with a push notification for all of my other sign-ins, but I don’t know if that integration is even possible.
Overall, great app and I highly recommend it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 01, 2017
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 23.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: LogMeIn, Inc.
- Copyright © 2017 LogMeIn Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.