LastPass Password Manager
By LogMeIn, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
LastPass keeps all your passwords organized in one safe place. Secure your passwords or generate new, strong passwords. With LastPass, you only remember one password - your LastPass master password. Keep your passwords secret, and use LastPass to automatically fill out your logins, wherever you go.
Download our free app today and join millions managing passwords with LastPass – you’ll wonder how you lived without it!
NEW TO LASTPASS?
Download LastPass now and get the protection you need completely for free. You can use LastPass across all your devices, including phones, tablets, and personal computers, for free.
LASTPASS PASSWORD MANAGER FEATURES:
AIRTIGHT PASSWORD STORAGE
- Store all your usernames and passwords for all of your online accounts behind your LastPass master password
- Sync all of your passwords and logins across all your devices
- Quickly search for logins from your vault
CREATE SECURE NOTES AND STORE PHOTO, VIDEO & AUDIO
- Store memberships, IDs, software keys, & other sensitive data
- Favorite notes for quick access
- Add secure photos and custom audio to your notes
ADVANCED SECURITY PROTECTION
- AES-256 bit encryption keeps your passwords and notes safe
- LastPass never has your encryption key – only you know your password
- Get emailed when other sites and services have been hacked
- Multifactor authentication: LastPass uses multiple methods of authentication to verify your identity
- Offline access to your vault
ORGANIZE AND SHARE PASSWORDS
- Organize sites by folders in your vault
- Conveniently share passwords with others
- Log in to Safari and Chrome extensions online
- Plan ahead and give trusted family or friends a way to access your vault in case of an emergency.
- Add security and require a waiting period during which you can decline an Emergency Access request to your vault.
- Once access is granted, your vault syncs as a folder to their vault.
- Create secure passwords using the built-in password generator
- Set custom password length, and integrate capital or lowercase letters, symbols and numbers
- Set passwords to be pronounceable
CURRENT USERS: GET MORE WITH LASTPASS PREMIUM FOR $12 A YEAR
- Share a folder of logins & notes with others, with a Shared Family Folder
- Premium multifactor authentication options for more security, such as YubiKey
- 1GB encrypted file storage
- Priority tech support
- And more
Business owners can download LastPass Enterprise to secure their business and share passwords safely among employees.
LASTPASS ENTERPRISE CREATED SPECIALLY FOR BUSINESSES
- Add and remove employee accounts from the Admin Console
- Sharing and storage of passwords among team members is simple & secure
- Configure security policies to restrict access and set requirements
- Active Directory integration for automated user provisioning
- Learn more at https://lastpass.com/enterprise.
With LastPass, keeping your password safe is simple. Simply lock all of your passwords away in your vault, and use your LastPass password to sign in to all your accounts. Use LastPass for document storage, password protection or workplace security. Our password locker can handle it all.
Download LastPass today!
What's New in Version 3.24.0
This release adds an optional hotkey to Quick Search, to copy the username, and support for an additional 2FA option for enterprises. Also, it fixes Touch ID being disabled on macOS High Sierra, and a couple other minor bugs.
Setting up new sites-Horrible Use once set-Fine
Setting up new sites is a Horrible experience and has not changed in my years of using this program. It tries to be automatic but does not dependably store the information it needs to when you are creating a new site. I’ve had to use forgot password on new sites way to many times. A couple times I had to abandon that login and create a different one. Most login creations are different than the logins which makes it all worse. The site creation needs to be more manual, interactive and editable while you are creating the login. Just magic where It’s worked or not and screwed you just does not cut it.
Fix an issue, create 12 more
They finally fixed the menu bar icon issue (4+ updates later), but now the application window won’t ever open. The menu bar icon (after being used once), will remain highlighted and prevent the menu from ever working properly again. The acutal app won’t ever launch either. The only way to get back into the “vault" is to force quit from activity monitor or use their spotlightesk shortcut to seach lastpass. This company seriously needs a QA team. Only reason why I put up with this anymore is that they made most of the features free.
Downloaded this because I needed to grab an attachment from a secure note on a machine that didn't have the obnoxious browser plugin installed. What's the ONE FEATURE that didn't work? You guessed it: Downloading attachments. Consistently failed. Every attachment I tried, every attempt I made.
Wound up polluting my machine with the heinous browser plugin to get the attachment in question. After uninstalling this pile of fail, that is. (Also, I uninstalled the browser plugin as well, of course.)
None of this would have been necessary if I could download an attachment from the web site of course, but that's not a thing they support for some reason. You just get an obnoxious error about needing their binary plugin. What the actual F***. I mean, if the content of the secure note is in a text field, I can access it from the web site, but somehow attachments are speshul?
This whole exercise has given me a stark reminder of why I prefer 1Password.