• You decide for the hero.
• The ultimate combination between film and game.
• 1 story – countless storylines – 7 different endings.
• 180 decision points.
• A total of more than 4 hours of film.
You take decisions for the interactive thriller’s hero while the movie keeps on running seamlessly.
The app comes for free including one first, chapter-like episode. It allows you to get a feel for this unique cinematic experience yourself.
Via one In-App-Purchase (IAP) you can then purchase the whole remaining film consisting of a total of 12 additional chapter-like episodes. You can play all episodes again and again and discover the countless storylines.
Matt, a smart student, has to prove his innocence after being forced into the robbery of a famous London auction house. How will he/you decide to act when everything is turning against him?
You take decisions for Matt by simply touching buttons at decisive moments of the story. You’re under the same time pressure as he is, and you’ll only have a few seconds to decide. But you’ll never know in advance what the best decision is. Some consequences will show up immediately after you’ve decided, others only much later in the story.
DECISIONS AND CONSEQUENCES …
By touching objects such as keypads and computers in the movie, you can trigger additional decisions. Occasionally you can discover things in the movie by changing the camera perspective with swipe gestures. But basically you’re still watching a movie. So you’ll see real people and experience human emotions in a superior production-value movie shot entirely on original locations in London.
A NEW CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE …
Will you be able to guide Matt out of his desperate situation? It’s in your hands whether Matt adopts the brave and difficult path to redemption, or not. Naturally, not all of the seven endings are pleasant. So you’ll have to live with the consequences of yours and Matt’s actions.
ADDICTIVE MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT …
• The average length of this unique interactive experience is similar to a feature-length movie but it offers a total of more than four hours of film. In order to fully explore the countless storylines, you can play it through as many times as you want and you’ll learn more each time.
• The film is in English language. You can choose English, French, German and Italian subtitles, which also changes the language of the buttons used for decision making.
• The app comes for free including a first, chapter-like episode. It allows you to get a feel for this unique cinematic experience yourself before purchasing the whole film via In-App-Purchase (IAP).
• A download manager allows you to either download the entire movie at once or separated in chapter-like episodes (each having a data size from 149 MB to 603 MB). You can of course also delete already watched episodes without losing your progress.
Your Decisions Are You.
The app now clearly states that the SINGLE In-App Purchase unlocks the download of the FULL MOVIE (all episodes). Please excuse dear users that this was insufficiently clear in the previous build.
Further we've added minor improvements here and there. We hope you enjoy Late Shift!
Ratings and Reviews
This slick episodic movie puts us in control of the hero’s decisions, and it’s one heck of a thrilling ride. As a young parking-garage attendant drawn into a high-stakes heist, we have seconds to figure out how to react to tense situations—and we love watching the consequences of our choices. All that, plus exotic London locations and high-end sports cars? So much for a boring night at work.
A+ for effort
As a fan of CYOA books and the epic X-Files game from a decade ago I was excited that this game existed and have already shared the link with several friends. The soundtrack is fitting without being annoying, film quality is above the bar. The story is interesting and the actors are good. The scripted cursing is a little over done. I’m not opposed to curse words for effect but this guy curses for absolutely no reason. Would love to see more choices that actual change the direction of the story and more user interactive keypads. etc. but overall its pretty fun. Haven’t gotten to the ending yet but I hope it’s not corny. Going to give it 5 stars instead to subtracting one for issues above because I hope they will continue to make more. *** adding a correction and another star. The above about more choices was based on only playing the game once. On 2nd try there are vastly different scenes and scenarios. Playing it safe leads to less choices.
F-bomb dropped a little to much for my liking but this is the best game out there!
I used to read the "choose your own adventure" books like crazy as a kid! I loved them!!!! Finally, an app that mirrors my favorite books! I would have given it a 5⭐️ all day long except for the use of curse words. In just the free trial portion of the game/movie, I counted 5 f-bombs dropped. Not to mention some other choice words. I'm the type that does not watch rated R movies so I was taken aback by the frequent use of this type of language. I am not sure if I'm going to pay the $4.99 for the game because I don't know how far this game will go (cuss words, nudity, gore etc). I'll have to give it some thought.
TIP FOR DEVELOPERS: Make it so we can choose which "rating" we would like to play or choose whether or not we want to hear cuss words.
- CtrlMovie AG
- 31.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © CtrlMovie AG
- In-App Purchases
- Late Shift Bundle $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.