By Paul Hudson
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dip your toe into the world of Latin using an all-new learning technique!
This app presents three works of Latin literature in increasing difficulties: the story of Perseus, the story of Hercules, and the first book of Caesar's Gallic Wars. Each story is broken up into individual words, and it's your job to drag the words around to build up the correct sentence.
Don't worry, the app gives you hints in English to help guide your answer, and as you complete each level you'll see a natural English translation to help build your understand.
- Includes over 1000 levels in increasing difficulties - start with just a handful of tenses, and end up with the full range of Caesar's Latin.
- Super simple interface: just drag the words to re-arrange the sentence!
- Learn while you play: read the story of Perseus fighting Medusa and marrying Andromeda, and follow Hercules' twelve labors!
- "Reverse mode" puts the hints in Latin and has you re-arrange the English words - use whatever suits you best!
- Works well for a single-player or as part of a class activity when used through a projector.
Very good but . . .
Very good for reinforcing morphology and recognizing the case/tense of words. Only wish that after you finished constructing each sentence it would display both the latin and the English translation. Also, separate the punctuation from the words to make it harder to guess. Thanks!
I was very impressed with the app. It helped me study for AP Latin. Would be so much better if they included all of de bello Gallico and maybe some other works of Latin.
- Category: Education
- Released: Nov 11, 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 17.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Paul Hudson
- © 2012 Paul Hudson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.