A great reference to Latin phrases and what they mean. Also includes numerous notes and other helpful information to add color to the translation.
This version includes great features such as:
Top Features Include:
- Over 1600 Phrases (Entirely New and Clean Data)
- Lovely animated graphics
- Lightning fast speed
- Browse, flip through cards, or randomize
- Search either by latin or english
- Use swipe gestures or the UI, your choice.
- Works either offline or online.
- Fully retina compatible for iPhone, iPhone 5, and the new iPad
- Server push architecture ensures you continue to see new phrases without needing to update the app.
- Application updates silently in the background to ensure you can use it immediately.
- Auto updating web tab
- A fully universal application that can be used on iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad. No need to purchase a separate HD/XL application for your iPad.
- On the iPad the application will work in all orientations. You can hold it any way you like and it will keep up.
- Developed by an experienced programmer. No crashing, memory leak problems, or other annoying experiences.
- A dedicated developer who will add more features and keep improving the application. I love to get suggestions of features.
- A low price. Why pay more money for lesser apps?
Thanks for trying out the app. If you have comments or suggestions, please let us know. We will continue to develop this application and make it better over time, so do not hesitate to give us suggestions for new features.
- Updated for new SDK.
- Minor bug fixes and tweaks.
- Text updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs (a lot of) work
This app has peculiar limitations. For example, in the index, translations display in their entirety. But when you open the entry itself, the translation is truncated to roughly 47 characters in portrait mode or 77 characters in landscape mode (on the iPad), which cuts some definitions off prematurely. So the information is there, but doesn't always display. Similarly, "notes" are truncated to about 250 characters (regardless of orientation), often ending mid-word. There's plenty of empty space on these pages, so I don't know why the content is so chopped up. On the iPhone, there is no landscape orientation for the index, and the entries just rotate 90 degrees, maintaining their original width (with white space filling the right side). As a free app, this would be okay; but I can't recommend paying for this in its current state. (Note: The links to the developer website and support page do not work either.)
Interesting, but incomplete
I like the idea for this application, but it has two flaws that bother me. First, the search function only seems to work for the Latin phrase, but not any words in the descriptive text. If you'd like to search for a word you know and see if it applies to a Latin phrase, you're out of luck.
Second, a number of the descriptions are truncated. The paragraph gets abruptly cut off after a certain character count, so you can't read the whole thing. That's a pretty major failure by itself.
I know it's only 99¢, but they could give it a little more effort for quality control.
You alert new customers that the new version is out and the old one THIS ONE may VANISH. I have purchased numerous apps from you. To think you will punish existing customers by vanishing a product you offered and was purchased in good faith says a lot about you. You should offer a credit or proper update to existing owners of this app to transfer over to "Pro" at no extra cost. I just purchased another app from you and now I wish I hadn't. This bait and switch tactic will be plastered all over app boards by next week I assure you. I hate liars and cheats. Caveat emptor!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.