Connect digital content with the real world with Layar - the world’s #1 augmented reality app.
Scan print materials enhanced with Layar to view rich digital experiences right on top! Then be amazed as extra digital content appears, allowing you to interact with your world in a whole new way!
• See magazines come alive with videos right on the page!
• Easily buy items with direct mobile shopping links.
• Connect with links to web content and share items on social media.
• Browse and view thousands of Geo Layers to find stuff nearby, like ATMs, restaurants, historical locations and more!
Don’t know what to scan? Look for the Layar logo on magazines, newspapers and other materials, or try scanning a QR code!
You can also scan the posters for the world’s most popular releases and coming attractions to watch the trailer, get more info, see what the critics say and more!
Try also some of the new features we added in the last couple of updates:
• Pop out content. Enjoy interactive print away from the page! Tap the pop out icon and continue your experience.
• Favorites. Save your favorite interactive print experiences — like recipes, coupons and more — so you can view them again later without needing to scan!
— Introducing the support of event handlers to allow complex and multi-scene AR experiences with content updates triggered by various events in the AR scene. Learn more about this update in our blogpost (https://www.layar.com/news/blog/).
— Various bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
LONG time user, now unusable
I've used this for years and years. I have no idea what the strategy is, when it was first released the spotcrime, tweeps, and Instagram layars were a fantastic peek into possibility.
This peek has gone nowhere. Yelp monocle smoked it's usability immediately and this app has gone nowhere. There seems to be zero useful features added since 2010 or so. Like are there actually people that work there? Is it an organized crime front? What's going on over there, are they on drugs or drinking? How are new, useless updates being pushed? Is this a bot? If there were people behind this thing since 2010, there's probably been years of therapy addressing existential worth and lost sleep. Aren't they worries what their kids will think of them? Maybe an intervention is needed.
Anyway, I just downloaded to check crime in an area I moved to. Errors to locating me on a couple devices and the same app I've used for six years is now useless. This was super cool six years ago, but only in terms of consideration of further development. That development never came and this is just a bug eating space on the App Store.
We decided to use LAYAR since it was easy to use, didn't require sign in by the end user and did everything we need for AR app. Unfortunately, the program is not reliable in downloading the content to our end users, and there was no support. We had to ditch it and are now looking for a new AR platform.
Years back this app was the future when I had my HTC Evo 3D now it’s truly useless nothing works it’s been like this for years I download this app every year in hopes to find the app alive but I guess the people working for layer just gave up and don’t care to further the app from 5-6 years back such a bummer
- Layar B.V.
- 19.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 Layar B.V.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.