Layers - Pro Edition for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want to doodle, draw on photos, or paint a masterpiece on your new iPad? Look no further! Layers packs in everything you need to be creative on the go. The pro edition of Layers provides more brushes, more layers, and more advanced layer operations than the standard edition. Enjoy more control over your brush tip using the brush offset option, and email your paintings as layered PSD files to transfer your work to the desktop!
If you're looking to try out Layers before purchasing the pro version, download the standard edition! You can upgrade at any time via in-app purchase.
Layers for iPad offers a balanced set of painting tools completely redesigned for the iPad's large, crisp display. With high-quality brushes, an eyedropper, a smudge tool and an eraser, Layers provides the tools you need to create great art. Transparency is fully supported throughout the app and a brand-new history panel allows you to view your recent actions and quickly jump back in time. Want to add photos to your paintings? Layers allows you to position and scale the photos you add and see how they'll appear on top of your existing work.
Layers for iPad features an online gallery that allows you to put your paintings on display and view the work of others. Create a free account within in the app to comment on paintings and upload your own, or watch replays of paintings as they come to life!
- A clean, intuitive painting interface
- Two fingered pan and pinch to zoom
- Double-tap for quick zooming
- Square (1024x1024) and 3:4 (1024x768) canvas sizes
- Fifteen high-quality brushes
- Up to five paintable layers per drawing
- Paint brush, smudge tool, and eraser
- Full featured eyedropper tool
- Precisely adjustable brush sizes up to 64px
- Large color picker that saves recent colors
- Full support for brush transparency
- Generous undo history that is saved on exit
- Email drawings as JPG, save to photos
- Browse thousands of paintings in the Layers Gallery
- Replay your paintings and watch them come to life!
- Advanced layer manipulation tools
- Email painting as layered PSD files
- Create a profile page in the Layers Gallery
What's New in Version 2.8
- Improved performance and memory handling
- Resolves issues adding layers from photos
- Updated for compatibility with iOS 6
My favorite painting app on the store
This app is awesome! I really like how you can replay the brush strokes used in creating each painting. I also really like the online community. Being able to upload my best work for others to see/comment on online is really cool! All-in-all, fantastic app!
Good but not great
If you want an app to just goof around with, this is fine. There are other apps that are much better regarding iPad illustration. UI is simple, not as robust as Procreate, SketchClub,etc. but is good in its own right.
Today was my first time using this app. I was 3 hours in to my cat painting and was using the smudge/smear tool and 2/3rds of the drawing deleted itself and the undo option would not bring it back. I would not recommend getting this app. A waste of money and time.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 06, 2013
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 28.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: J Benjamin Gotow
- © 2009-2013 J. Benjamin Gotow
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.