Layers - Standard Edition for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want to doodle, draw on photos, or paint a masterpiece on your new iPad? Look no further! Layers packs in everything you need to be creative on the go. The standard edition of Layers is intended for casual artists and limits paintings to three layers. The pro version provides more brushes, more layers, and more advanced layer operations (recommended for users familiar with other painting apps such as Brushes and Sketchbook). If you're looking to try out Layers before purchasing the pro version, download the standard edition! You can upgrade at any time via in-app purchase.
Layers for iPad offers a balanced set of painting tools completely redesigned for the iPad's large, crisp display. With high-quality brushes, an eyedropper, a smudge tool and an eraser, Layers provides the tools you need to create great art. Transparency is fully supported throughout the app and a brand-new history panel allows you to view your recent actions and quickly jump back in time. Want to add photos to your paintings? Layers allows you to position and scale the photos you add and see how they'll appear on top of your existing work.
Layers for iPad features an online gallery that allows you to put your paintings on display and view the work of others. Create a free account within in the app to comment on paintings and upload your own, or watch replays of paintings as they come to life!
The standard edition of Layers for iPad is intended for casual artists and offers a subset of the features available in the pro version. It comes with three of the ten brushes available in the pro version and limits drawings to two layers. Advanced layer operations such as "Merge Down" and "Reposition Layer" are not available and paintings cannot be emailed as layered Photoshop files. You can upgrade to the pro version from within the app at any time via in-app purchase.
- A clean, intuitive painting interface
- Two fingered pan and pinch to zoom
- Double-tap for quick zooming
- Square (1024x1024) and 3:4 (1024x768) canvas sizes
- Five high-quality brushes
- Up to three paintable layers per drawing
- Paint brush, smudge tool, and eraser
- Full featured eyedropper tool
- Precisely adjustable brush sizes up to 64px
- Large color picker that saves recent colors
- Full support for brush transparency
- Generous undo history that is saved on exit
- Email drawings as JPG, save to photos
- Browse thousands of paintings in the Layers Gallery
- Replay your paintings and watch them come to life!
Features available via in-app upgrade to "Pro" version:
- Fifteen high-quality brushes
- Up to five paintable layers per painting
- Advanced layer manipulation tools
- Email painting as layered PSD files
- Create a profile page in the Layers Gallery
What's New in Version 2.8
- Improved performance and memory handling
- Resolves issues adding layers from photos
- Updated for compatibility with iOS 6
Yeah... Really bad setup and it gives you like no brushes and only 3 layers...
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 06, 2013
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 28.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: J Benjamin Gotow
- © 2009-2010 J. Benjamin Gotow
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Layers Pro Upgrade$2.99