Layover lets you blend the colors, textures and images of up to five pictures to create a single image.
"Layover for iOS offers sophisticated layering, blending to images."
"There are many uses for Layover — the possibilities are endless. If you’ve been wanting to blend your images together, then look no further."
• Blend up to five images: Once images are imported, you can change the order of the photos via drag and drop. You can also duplicate and lock frames.
• 15 blend effects (Multiply, Screen, Layover, Soft Light, Hard Light, Color Dodge, Color Burn, Addition, Difference, Darken, Lighten, Hue, Saturation, Color and Luminosity).
• Canvas is square by default, but portrait/landscape at 3:2 and 4:3 ratios are available via the Crop feature.
• The Mask feature lets you erase specific parts of pictures to isolate different elements, remove the background, let different layers show through, etc.
• Save to camera roll or share your creations via email, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr or Tumblr.
• Use a base layer of any color to add filtering to just one image.
• Use photos from your camera roll or Photo Stream, or take a photo on the fly.
• Zoom into a specific area of a photo, and move the image within the frame and rotate it to any angle.
For an overview of how to use Layover, read our blog post: http://www.layoverapp.com/layover-101-understanding-the-basics/
• Instagram: @Layoverapp
• Twitter: @Layoverapp
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Layover/453089781390082?ref=hl
• Stay up to date about Layover and learn tips: http://www.layoverapp.com/blog/
iPad bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful, intuitive app from great, responsive developers
As a glitch artist, I use a lot of apps, and Layover is part of my main 4-5 apps. I use it every day. It it has a simple-to-use and intuitive interface and allows you to blend up to 4 images in a variety of ways, in several orientations/sizes. One can easily rearrange and resize the blended components and see immediate, high-quality results. To me, it's a must have app.
The developer team is also quick with support and wonderfully responsive. That's not true of every developer, by any means, as those of us who rely on good apps for our art and frequently contact developers with questions or comments know. These folks, by contrast, respond quickly, when there is any glitch, fixing it swiftly and cheerfully. I highly recommend them and congratulate them on a great update. If you enjoy blending images, you won't be disappointed by what these good folks have made--and continue to remake with helpful updates.
This was my favorite app by far until I updated it and it disappeared! If you can't fit ios8 on iPad you're doomed! DONT UPDATE!
It's 3-4 months later and I got Layover back. I'm an artist and lately I've done zillions of photo manipulations. I LOVE this app. I haven't found another app that comes close to the things this app does. How can I share my work with you and other like minded individuals? Bob
This app looks and feels top shelf and Photoshop layer-like, but for the life if me I can't find a way to delete a layer. 😣😳 May I ask someone to help? Once I figure this out, there will be no stopping me. I'm a photo and filter junkie - can't get enough.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.