LDS Interpreter is the best multi-lingual scripture study tool in the world! Whether you are preparing for, currently serving, or have just returned home from a mission, this app is for you! We built this app so that missionaries can learn and study more effectively.
We have been hard at work on several new features and are very proud that version 7.0 is finally ready. This version includes the following new features:
- A complete redesign of the app that makes the experience much more enjoyable on iOS 7.
- Drastically improved annotation tools. You can now highlight and take notes on any piece of text, no matter how large or small.
- Improved navigation menu. You can now navigate through the entire Quad without leaving the reading view.
- Audio is included for free! We have support for scripture audio in English, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Portuguese.
- A free translation service that lets you get the translation of a selected word or phrase right from the app.
- The addition of the Turkish Book of Mormon!
- The addition of the Bible in Italian!
- Dozens of fixes for content related issues. Please re-download the content if you have noticed any issues with chapter headings.
- Support for content in the following languages:
- English - Quad
- Svenska (Swedish) - Triple
- Tonga (Tonga) - Triple
- Deutsch (German) - Quad
- Norsk (Norwegian) - Triple
- Español (Spanish) - Quad
- Français (French) - Quad
- Nederlands (Dutch) - Triple
- Dansk (Danish) - Triple
- Suomi (Finnish) - Triple
- Português (Portuguese) - Quad
- Magyar (Hungarian) - Triple
- Italiano (Italian) - Quad
- Japanese (with furigana) - Triple
- Chinese - Triple
- Korean - Triple
- Arabic - Bible
- Greek - Bible
- Samoan - Triple
- Česky - Triple
- Kreyòl Ayisyen - Triple
- Mongolian - Triple
- Shqip - Triple
- Română - Triple
- Russian - Triple
- Ukranian - Triple
- Tiếng Việt - Triple
- Ilokano - Triple
- Icelandic - Triple
- Estonian - Triple
- Indonesian - Triple
- Cebuano - Triple
- Tagalog - Triple
- Thai - Triple
- Turkish - Book of Mormon
- iPhone X support.
- Small bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good but not perfect.
I was very excited to get this app, as I have interest in several languages and love to read the scriptures in two or more languages at the same time. However, since one of the languages that I like to read in is Mandarin Chinese, I was most interested in the Pinyin option to help me with my sounds and especially tones. I am much disappointed to see that while all of the sounds/tones associated with the Chinese characters are present in the correct order in Pinyin, THEY ARE NOT PROPERLY BROKEN INTO THE CHINESE WORDS THE PINYIN LETTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT. THEY SEEM TO BE JUST RANDOMLY SEPARATED INTO ‘WORDS’ WHICH IS VERY CONFUSING. Even though Chinese words are all written in characters, with even spacing, most words are compounds of two or more characters and the Pinyin should be grouped into those word compounds, not just randomly spaced into ‘words’.
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO FIX THIS.
Such a timesaver!
We used to read with chapter pulled up in English while we read from the book in Spanish and, for the last twelve months, French. This is so much easy to use than to have two separate sources. When i come across a word or phrase that I don't understand, I just look on the English side to understand. And if I need more clarification, I can select individual words to obtain their direct translation.
I am happy with this app for the most part.
But there are a few suggestions I would like to make. Hoping to receive an answer to my questions that I email to the company.
1- I was wondering if there is a way to slow down the speed of the Spanish reading, I am trying to keep up with the speed, but it is just to fast. I think I could learn the pronunciation if I could hear it a little slower.
2- When I select a word I would like to know on the Spanish side to translate it does not give me a translation? Only the word in Spanish?
3- It would be really really helpful if when I select a word in Spanish that I don’t know it would repeat the word so I could learn the pronunciation quicker, any chance of that?
Thank you for you app, and I hope I can get answers to my questions
- Missionary Solutions
- 37.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 Missionary Solutions LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Five Language Audio Access Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.