• Read the latest LDS news as well as numerous other current stories, blogs, and messages of inspiration, all from official Church and Church-owned sources.
• Listen to the talks and music from the latest General Conference.
• Listen to live streaming radio like FM100's Soft Sunday Sounds or from the Mormon Channel offerings. Or follow the Cougars and Utes on KSL Newsradio and KALL 700!
LDS News even remembers which stories you've already read and which Conference talks you've already heard while using it.
• No iOS app banner ads (in accordance with Church guidelines regarding the use of their content).
Like a story you read? Post it to Facebook or send it out to your Twitter followers! Or it's easy to send an email with its link to yourself or somebody else.
The services currently being offered are:
• General Conference streaming audio -- talks and music. Can play in the background while you do other things on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Choose from any of the following news sources:
• LDS Church News
• LDS Newsroom
• Newsroom Blog
• Mormon Times
• Deseret News:
- Faith (General articles of faith including LDS Church News)
• Because so many follow Utah college sports:
- BYU Sports
- U of U Sports
- Utah State Sports
- UVU Sports
• 6 Live streaming radio stations:
- FM100 Soft Sunday Sounds
- KSL Newsradio
- KALL 700
- Mormon Channel Talk
- Mormon Channel Music
- Mormon Channel Mormon Tabernacle Choir
• Listen to the Mormon Channel's Why I Believe series.
• Arrange in your preferred order.
• Keeps track of stories you have already read or which talks you've already heard and indicates how many remain unread.
• Indicates when the most recent story was posted.
• All times and dates displayed in your local time zone.
• Item caching to limit network traffic and for quicker loading of stories at launch.
Note that this application has no affiliation with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. All content is offered through RSS feeds and is owned or provided by the respective service and presented here according to the rights outlined by the Church.
• Updates to several services.
• Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App that easily combines LDS News Sources
July 2018 Update:
Lowered a star because LDS Church News stopped working, and hasn’t worked since May 2018. Hopefully that will get fixed soon (in addition to the bug/suggestions in my April 2018 review and it would be 5 ⭐️ !!
This app is a fantastic resource to easily find LDS news in a single application. Navigation is simple and quick to show which sources have been updated. I really like how fast it is.
I have one bug/issue and one suggestion.
If you ever try to zoom an image (eg I was looking at the new general Authority chart) the image zooming doesn’t work it skews the image right off the screen. This is on any image I’ve tried to zoom. And when your on a smaller device, you for sure need to zoom a lot.
Suggestion for improvement:
Have a way that you can bookmark articles that you like and title the bookmarks so you can come back weeks/months later (also it would be nice to bookmark with tags or keywords for searching your bookmarks)
Overall great job!!!
No mobile Church News?
The app opens up the Church News webpage which is impossible to read on a phone. There's a Deseret News mobile app, but not a Church News that could be linked to the LDSNews app?
Still, the app is indispensible for current news of the Church from LDS and non-LDS sources. I use it with Google News and Zite, customized for Mormon topics.
Great app could be even better
I will give this app a 5th star when there is a badge to let me know when new stories are posted. Otherwise it is great.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.