By The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LDS Tools is an official app of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that allows you to download directory information and the events calendar for your ward, branch, stake, or district. Bishoprics, branch presidencies, and stake and district presidencies, as well as clerks and executive secretaries, can also download additional membership data and reports for their units.
What's New in Version 2.3.1
New or Enhanced Functionality
• Improved the unit selector to make it easier for users to find and know which unit they have selected.
• Added the ability to view and tap on the event contact in the calendar event details.
• Updated LDS Tools to use the device default locale to format dates.
• Added the day of the week to the date information in the Birthday List.
• Improved the shading and indenting when sorting by “Family” in the ward and stake directory.
• Resolved an issue where contact information could no longer be copied when pressing on a member data contact field.
• Resolved an issue where when the location was “other” for an event the location was not displaying.
• Resolved an issue where the Reports menu item would disappear when users selected a unit where they did not have access to reports.
• Resolved an issue where when tapping on the Share icon in iOS 6, the app crashed.
Visit: https://lds.org/lds-tools-update for a list of all updates and fixes.
Like that it's current, but...
Why do we have to update every 30 days? It never seems to fail that when I'm taking a dinner to someone in the ward who lives on the side of the ward that I don't drive in often (because we don't ALL live in Utah), that's when I have to update. Older versions allowed me to update later, now it won't allow me to access information until I update. So if I'm out on the road, away from internet connections, I can't even pull up an old address to find someone's home. I love that it's as up to date as the ward clerk keeps the membership records (and ours is FANTASTIC), but I hate that now I can't even pull up the last version of the roster that I uploaded without updating. :(
A must have! Saves time and frustration
I use this all the time for my calling and for social. I love being able to look up a name and phone number, and be able to go straight to google maps for directions. I look up the name of who is speaking and learn other family member names so it's helped in learning names of members. I do agree that it's inconvenient to have to update so much. Thanks for the great tool to help serve our Heavenly Father.
Always up to date and informative re names, emails, addresses, phone numbers, etc. Excellent that it requires a password and writes updates every few months. So much better than the ward having to prepare a list which is out of date within four months or less. Plus it keeps you informed of individual names in order to contact who does what. Thank you so much!!!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Aug 06, 2014
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- © 2014 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.