By The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The LDS Tools app provides members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with the ability to contact ward and stake members, access event calendars, and locate Church meetinghouses. Leaders can also access additional membership information and reports.
• Directory. Access contact information, membership information, such as household members, and photos of members in your ward and stake.
• Callings. Access calling information of members in your ward and stake.
• Missionary. Access contact information of full-time missionaries assigned to and serving from your ward or stake.
• Lists. Create custom lists of members in your ward and stake.
• Calendar. Access the event calendars for your ward and for your stake.
• Reports. Ward and stake leaders (including ward Melchizedek Priesthood and auxiliary presidencies) may access membership reports for members of your ward and stake.
• Meetinghouses. Find meetinghouse information, including the building address, sacrament meeting times, and the bishop’s contact information.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
• Added the ability for members to view their own membership and ordinance data under the Membership Information section in the directory.
• Added home and visiting teaching data and reports.
• Relabeled the Callings menu item “Organizations” and added the ability to view a list of members assigned to each organization and to send an email or text message to them.
• Visit https://lds.org/lds-tools-update to see what else is new.
The tool I've always wanted
With the latest update, this app is off the charts good. My biggest issue with moving away from MLS, was that I couldn't see anything from the Relief society or even the High Priests. And we couldn't view HH's not visited by a variety of months. Now we can with this app. If only the new leader and clerk resources can take some cues from this app. I love it! Ward council meetings will be far more productive with everyone using this app.
Previous review: Who doesn't want to have all their stake/ward info right in your pocket. So useful - thanks for all the time put in to making such a great app.
Great tool for efficiency
Having been a clerk and executive secretary for many years, this tool has been indispensable. My biggest challenge was always getting the right report to the right leader for insight and inspiration. With so many leaders using this app, they are much better informed and equipped. It has also been valuable during meetings to answer questions. Many times I can get an answer faster on my phone than on my laptop. Where financially possible, this is a must-have.
The new features make the app so much more useful and useable. Touch ID was a very welcome addition. The ability for leaders to group text or email other leaders or members of an auxiliary or quorum are also awesome. With Touch ID now enabled I think the app should be able to sync automatically upon opening it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 14, 2015
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Armenian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Tonga, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- © 2015 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.