By The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LDS Tools is an official app of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that allows you to download directory information and the events calendar for your ward, branch, stake, or district. Bishoprics, branch presidencies, and stake and district presidencies, as well as clerks and executive secretaries, can also download additional membership data and reports for their units.
What's New in Version 2.2.3
• Resolved an issue where users were unable to add, edit, or remove individual or household photos
• Resolved an issue where the directory search function was not working when the stake was the selected unit and the directory was sorted by family
• Resolved an issue where the directory search function was not returning results for household phone numbers
Helpful but not helpful
This is a great app for members, but I don't think it is the best solution for church leaders. I am in the RS presidency of a single's ward, and the app isn't conducive to keeping a watchful eye out for new sisters in the ward. I would like the LDS Tools app to somehow integrate a tab for leaders to see a list of newest members in the last month or since the last sync. This would be more effective than having to scroll through each week to locate new sisters in my ward.
I would also like an app that is more friendly to YSA wards. The "Household" view is not applicable because individuals are single. It would be nice to see which individuals love together.
I'd like to take notes for specific ward members and/or have the ability to add my own photos. Basically, if there is a way to make the app a more personal user interface, I would love it! It would help me out in my calling.
LDSTools is a useful app that I use on a regular basis. It is very reliable as a stake and ward phone directory so that I only have to copy put a few entries in my contacts. It largely does what it says it does.
I understand (can guess at?) the reasons for some of the limitations, but am still optimistic that enhancements are in the works.
Things that I find challenging:
- only three months of calendar, perhaps this could be configurable
- it would be nice to be able to not just make lists, but flag a contact entry with a user defined flag
- it would be nice to be able to add notes to contact entries
I share a desire for many enhancements others request, but see these as tied up inLS policy and configuration, not this app.
As a Counselor in a bishopric I continually use this application. I greatly appreciate the leadership access to birth dates and membership numbers. And the ability to follow up on expiring recommends. I realize that this private information requires the log in - and thank you for improving the ease of that process. Someone notes below that they'd like to be able to email a select group. It can easily be done within the "list" feature.
I would like to see improvements such as address search, but this is a wonderful benefit in my opinion. Thank you!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Dec 02, 2013
- Version: 2.2.3
- Size: 29.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- © 2013 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.