LeafByte measures leaf area and herbivory quickly and accurately. Take a picture of a leaf and a scale to measure total leaf area and leaf area consumed.
- Saves your data in a convenient spreadsheet on your phone or in Google Drive
- Analyzes leaves of almost any size or shape
- Uses freehand drawing to reconstruct missing leaf margins
- Can measure dark plant material (such as leaves) on a white background or light plant material (such as petals) on a dark background
- Reads and records all major barcodes
- Automatically corrects skew in photos taken at an angle
- Scale length is now recorded in data sheets
- No more accidentally swiping back from the drawing page
- Leaf marker is now drawn at the top of the leaf to avoid covering anything
- Undo now uses less memory on iPhone 5 and before
Ratings and Reviews
I used this app to measure the area of hundreds of strawberry leaves, and it worked beautifully! With several people and I working on it, we got it done in a few hours using this app. To do this manually would have taken days. I couldn’t find any other apps that were free and this easy to use, so I would highly recommend LeafByte for measuring leaf area!
Easy to use and effective!
Love this app for lab work! Makes everything so easy and quick.
This app makes me want to kill myself
Developer Response ,
I am sorry you didn't have a good experience with our app. We are always working to make the app better and would appreciate constructive criticism. Please let us know what you are using LeafByte for, and any ways that it didn't work for you so we can improve it. If you encountered a bug, please include the version of iOS you are running and the device you are using.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.