Leafsnap UK is a field guide to UK trees developed by the Natural History Museum, London, working with the United States Leafsnap teams. It uses visual recognition software to help identify tree species from photographs of their leaves.
- 156 tree species from across the UK
- Beautiful high-resolution images of leaves, flowers, fruits, needles, cones, petioles, seeds and bark
- Helpful text on every species
- Collect, label and map the trees you identify
- Help scientists understand trees and the biodiversity they support
More information on identifying trees with Leafsnap UK can be found on the Natural History Museum website by following the Leafsnap UK support link.
Leafsnap UK is the latest in the E.O. Wilson award-winning series of Leafsnap apps developed by Columbia University, the University of Maryland and the Smithsonian Institution. Leafsnap UK is supported by the Natural History Museum London and Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation. High-resolution images within the app were created by the Natural History Museum and the conservation organization Finding Species.
- Included games in App
- Fixed placement of frame on camera screen
Ratings and Reviews
She used to work, she ain't workin' no more!
It is dumb I hate it 👎😡
It keeps telling me the white background I'm using isn't white so I get no identification. I can't get any whiter than copy paper and an index card so I'm deleting it.
- Peter Belhumeur
- 121 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Columbia University, University of Maryland, Smithsonian Institution, and Natural History Museum, London.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.