The Leaf Spy Pro application allows anyone with a Nissan Leaf electric vehicle, an iOS 7.1+ device and the LELink Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapter (recommended) or a WiFi OBDII adapter the ability to monitor their battery and other vehicle information normally visible only to the dealer. Support for English and Japanese language.
Note: The iPhone 4 and early iPads (2nd Gen) do NOT support Bluetooth 4.0 LE.
Supports new 2018 Leaf
Information displayed by Leaf Spy Pro:
* Voltage of each of the 96 cell pairs (highlighted if shunt active)
* Minimum, average, maximum cell pair voltages
* Histogram of cell pair voltages
* Battery Temperature readings (4 sensors for 2011/12 models, 3 for 2013 models)
* Battery AHr rating (this will decease with age and is an indication of remaining capacity)
* Odometer (miles or km)
* Number of Quick Charge connections
* Number of L1/L2 Charge connections
* EVSE Max available amps
* EVSE voltage
* Battery energy level in GIDs & kWh
* Resetable energy usage meter (Wh resolution)
* Graphic display of SOC, GIDs and DTE (Distance to Empty)
* Remaining distance meter (miles/km) to Event (Low Battery Warning, Very Low Battery Warning or Reserve) based on user selectable energy efficiency
* Graphic display of battery temperature with min, avg, max temperatures
* Tire Pressure of each of the four tires with low pressure warning and delta pressure warning alarm (not yet supported on 2018 Leaf)
* Ambient Temperature
* Displays climate control settings and power used.
* Trip and Charge Log
* Logging function that records most data and optionally GPS location to a csv file that can be easily imported into excel.
* Dropbox support to sync Log files
* Can run in background while connected to Leaf
LeafSpy Pro also gives you the ability to perform functions normally requiring a visit to the dealer.
* Change automatic door lock/unlock settings
* Change VSP sound settings on 2013 and newer Leafs
* Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
* Register Tire Positions (required after tire rotation or seasonal tire changes so your Leaf knows the correct location of each tire on the car)
* Ability to reset DTCs from selected ECUs
When using run in background mode where you enable GPS to run continuously. Please note the following:
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Updated Dropbox Authentication to comply with latest rules.
New 2018 Leaf odometer Setting under Units to specify if CAN odometer is in miles instead of km (US & UK)
Updated Help document to include new Custom Screen drawing and color options.
Ratings and Reviews
This tool paid for itself the day it arrived.
This tool paid for itself the day it arrived. I disabled the backup warning (it had to go) and low speed warning noises. The tire pressure monitor (TPM) is very helpful. It took about 15 mins to get the TPM assigned to the correct corner once I understood the GUI. The assigning process could be much more simple, but it does work fine. I like having the live data from the TPMs. Very useful battery monitoring tools that take some time to understand the data your getting. I found some of the change options under the service screen (if used incorrectly) detriment. The warnings are there and would recommend users heed them or at least proceed with carefully.
Great tool for anyone with a Leaf
This is a great tool to get additional info from the Leaf about battery health, battery temp, tire pressure, and more!
This latest version added support for turning off the annoying backup sound as well as the slow forward motion high pitched sounds - allowing the 2013 and later Leafs to be quiet as they should. The moment I got this version I turned off the annoying VSP sounds making the Leaf much better! Thanks for adding this functionality!
Paid for itself!
This app just paid for itself by letting me register the TPMS of my winter tires/wheels instead of paying a tire shop or dealer to do it. That alone is worth the app price, but it also adds all kinds of useful information regarding battery health, etc. only downside is that I wish the UI was a bit easier to use.
- James Pollock
- 15.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 J R Pollock
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.