What’s the difference between “in time” and “on time”? What do you call a person who cuts a man’s hair? What do you call an animal doctor?
Beat the clock and answer as many spelling, vocabulary and grammar questions as you can in this 60-second quiz!
Johnny Grammar’s Word Challenge is a quiz for English learners to test common vocabulary, spelling and grammar that appear in everyday English.
- 3 difficulty levels – Easy, Medium, Hard
- 3 categories – Words, Grammar, Spelling
- 10 topics that include Food & Restaurants, Travel, Idioms and Hobbies.
- Earn badges as you progress and share your score with others on the leaderboard!
- Compete with others on a global leaderboard
- Feedback is given for the wrong answers so that you know why they’re wrong.
Find even more exciting language activities at
PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY
LEARN ENGLISH WITH THE BRITISH COUNCIL
Learn English in our classrooms with the world’s English experts. We’ve been teaching English for more than 75 years and have helped more than 100 million people in 100 different countries improve their English skills and build their confidence. Visit www.britishcouncil.org/english to find out more information.
ABOUT THE BRITISH COUNCIL’S ENGLISH LEARNING APPS
The British Council creates top English learning apps for learners of all ages. You can download our apps to practise grammar, vocabulary and listening. Visit our website to see all our apps www.britishcouncil.org/mobilelearning.
- Backend server improvements
- Minor bug fixes
- Full support for iOS 11 and iPhone X
- Some back-end fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Best app ever I definitely recommend this to any of you guys who need help with grammar. I have nothing to complain about, it is a perfect app. Furthermore I have nothing to change about it. It was also very fun! It helped me improve my grammar a bit, even though I know most of the things. So I DEFINITELY recommend it!!!
Thank you for your review and comments. We are very glad to know you are enjoying this app! :)
Ok do far
It’s pretty easy so far. Getting through the foundational stuff. I like it so far, so we’ll see how it goes if/when it gets harder.
Still need to add more questions
This app is great but it still needs to add more questions. There are very few questions so I need to repeat one time after another.
Thank you for your review. We will definitely take your comment into future update consideration. If you have any further comments or suggestions on how to improve Johnny Grammar’s Word Challenge, do let us know by sending us an email at email@example.com. Thanks again!
- British Council
- 102.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © British Council
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.