Learn French Quick
By Live Doodles
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn French Quick is a flashcard program for French vocabulary that teaches you *efficiently*.
There is no fluff, no distractions, just knowledge flowing straight into your brain. Using the dynamic quiz feature, you can fly by stuff you already know and focus on new material.
The cards contain the following information:
- English word or phrase with French translation
- *AUDIO* pronunciations by native French and English speakers
- Part of speech
- Gender for all nouns (SUPER important to learn this!)
Besides looking at the cards, you can:
- Quickly search through a list of words and their translations
- Select categories you care about, such as "Animals" or "Eating"
- Mark your favorites
- Take *quizzes* and review the most difficult cards
- Choose whether to view or quiz on the French or English
This app comes with almost 250 cards, complete with audio, absolutely FREE! If you like the app, please support our work - upgrade to get a total of 1000 cards, with AUDIO! We will continue to add more cards, so you can be sure this will be a great resource for you to learn French!
If you have any problems at all with app, or would like to see something more before upgrading, don't hesitate to send us an email. We love hearing your suggestions and will do our best to get them in soon!
What's New in Version 1.8
A big update with lots of new stuff for you!
- Now includes English audio pronunciation
- Plays audio only for the side you are viewing
- Now plays audio for question and correct choice
- Improved choices to make the questions harder
- Can choose length of 5, 10, or 25 questions
- A cleaner look
- Can play iPod music while using the app
- Improved performance
Ce n'est pas bon
Pronunciation is okay, but it has a very noticeable southern accent with an é sound at the end of many words with a silent e in standard Parisian French pronunciation. Also, there are several errors that pop out to anyone with even the most basic grasp of French; "aujourd'hui" being translated as "nowadays" and not "today" (the accurate translation) was very surprising.
The best that can happen is that fluent and native speakers can spot errors and report them to be corrected in a patch. Until then, invest in something like a course at a community college.
The best flash cards
This is the best flash cards set one can hope to find an use in language learning tools.
It's easy and simple words that can easily be learned by anyone that wants to take the time to learn
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 04, 2011
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 18.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Live Doodles, LLC
- © Lucidifi, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- More cards! No Ads!$0.99