French: learn with MosaLingua
By MosaCrea Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn French in no time! MosaLingua's effective and addictive teaching method will help you memorize loads of vocabulary, key phrases and conjugations in record time. By using the dialogue exercises, you'll be able to improve both your French comprehension and your speaking skills at the same time.
MosaLingua was designed by a French professor and a developer who actually uses MosaLingua on a daily basis.
Be sure to check out the video demo on http://mosalingua.com
Did you know that you can get by just fine on vacation knowing less than 500 carefully-chosen words? Spending just 5 minutes per day for two months will allow you to memorize 600 words and key phrases!
Learn the essential 20% that will apply 80% of the time. Afterwards you can choose an area of focus that is relevant for you (travel, sports, business, technology...).
Whether you are starting French from scratch or you already know the basics, MosaLingua is adapted to suit your language needs. It's like having your own private tutor in your pocket!
Whether your motivation for learning French is for school (diploma, class, course, SAT, GCSE), vacation, business purposes or simply for the joy of learning, MosaLingua will have you speaking French in no time:
MOSALINGUA CONSISTS OF:
- 3000+ flash cards of vocabulary and phrases, including audio pronunciations by native French speakers
- 14 diverse categories (e.g. Accommodation, transportation, shopping, tourism, social, emergencies...)
-more than 100 sub-categories (e.g. At the restaurant, at the hotel, buying and negotiating, sports, partying, flirting...)
- Up to 10 levels to complete, from the basics to more specialized vocabulary
- 17 dialogues presenting common situations that come up on vacation (or when traveling)
- Study French lessons and language tips that will aid your progression
- More than 100 bonus materials to unlock as you progress
- Online French dictionnary
- Possibility to create your own cards
LEARN THE ESSENTIAL 20% THAT WILL TAKE YOU 80% OF THE WAY:
Emphasis on the basics in order to understand and be understood
- Learn the most useful/most used vocab (and the most simple) first
- Learn only the most useful phrases for your studies, for your travel, or for French SAT or French GCSE
HIGHLY EFFICIENT AND PROVEN LEARNING METHOD:
MosaLingua uses the Spaced Repetition System (SRS), the product of several years of scientific research
- Calculates review dates for the flash cards according to how difficult you find each one, to encourage efficient and long term memorization
- Spend time learning what you find useful, not what you already know
- MosaLingua constantly adapts to your needs and pace (like a private teacher)
- Use both audio and visual memory
- Sustained learning (long-term memory)
LEARN FRENCH ON THE GO
- You get to decide how long each French lesson will be (it doesn't matter whether you have only 2 minutes or more than 30 minutes to spend)
- You can stop a lesson and then pick up where you left off whenever you want
- You don't need an internet connection, all the French lesson and content is available OFFLINE
FUN AND ADDICTIVE
- Unlock bonuses as you progress (dialogues, jokes, fun facts, sayings, tips)
- Learn from dialogues based on realistic situations that you may encounter on vacation
- You'll be amazed at how quickly you will learn new French words and how addictive it becomes
- the App keeps track of your progress giving you the motivation you need to succeed
The French app is constantly being improved. We take user feedback into account. Free and regular updates are in the works!
If you have a suggestion or need assistance, please click on the customer support link below-- you are guaranteed a reply!
Note: All the content listed in this description is already included in the application at no extra cost (in-app purchases are available should you wish to purchase optional content).
What's New in Version 7.7
We would like to thank you for all the feedback you’ve sent to email@example.com
We have implemented the following suggestions:
New training exercise for pronunciation: record your voice to compare your pronunciation with that of the teacher
Leaderboard: compare your progress and learning with other MosaLingua users
Change speech speed
IOS 9 compatibility
Revision limited to max 50 cards per session (to break down your revisions over more sessions and make progress without getting discouraged)
Push Notifications: occasionally receive messages to help you with your learning
Statistics: consideration of changes to rhythm and rate of learning
Bug fixes and improvement of content
If you like this update, please give us a good star rating. To give us suggestions or to notify us of any bugs, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Happy learning!
There seems to be a lot of features and buttons, but it would seem the end result of this learning process would be quite limited for use in the real world.
First off, you hear a word and then you record yourself repeating it. It might sound the same to someone who doesn't speak the language being taught, but there are subtle nuances to every language; altering the pronunciation of a word might change its meaning entirely and only a teacher can evaluate how you're pronouncing something and tell you if it's right or wrong.
Second, learning a bunch of words can be somewhat helpful, but don't expect to have fluent conversations without knowing how to convert words into sentences. You'd wind up sounding like the French equivalent of "Me see cat today morning drink water." Essentially you'll get your point across, but in the process, you'll sound as if you're missing a few chromosomes.
Very pleased so far
I have always had problems trying to pronounce French words and this is not only teaching me to speak better but also to learn much more of the language. I am very please with the progress I have been making and my only criticism is that sometimes the speaker is difficult to understand with the recording. There are times when the recording is not quite clear but it is easy enough to go to the section " progress" and listen to a different speaker pronounce the words. This seems like a very good system and I am looking forward to continuing my progress.
J'adore cette superbe application
I love to travel in France, and I like studying French. I like small group classes and I think Rosetta Stone is terrific. But what I really like about this app is that it keeps reminding you to review the flashcards and to learn new ones. It’s a great way to keep on track and improve EVERY day. There’s a lot of depth here. Not the only way I would try to learn a language, but a fantastic companion along the way.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 20, 2015
- Version: 7.7
- Size: 24.0 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: MosaCrea Limited
- © 2013 - MosaLingua.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- pack "Promo"$6.99
- pack "Slang, jargon and informal expressions"$2.99
- pack "Take it to the next level"$3.99
- pack "Boost your vocabulary in a flash"$2.99
- pack "Avoid falling into French-language traps"$2.99
- pack "Speaking online"$1.99