Learn French with Babbel, the app that’s helped millions speak with confidence. Developed by a team of Europe’s best language experts, Babbel makes language lessons CLICK with you and STICK with you.
THE BABBEL PROCESS
Babbel makes learning French fun and effective:
1. HIT the ground running with practical conversation skills
Linguistic experts designed the intuitive courses to engage you in practical conversation skills from your very first lesson.
2. Lessons that CLICK with you - Engaging and easy to use
Lessons engross you in a foreign culture while guiding your language journey with English-perspective hints, simple explanations, and creative grammar cues that cement fresh concepts.
3. Language skills that STICK with you for life
Revolutionary 10-15 minute lessons and dynamic review sessions continuously adapt to your strengths and weaknesses, recontextualize prior concepts, and send your new language straight to long-term memory.
Hit. Click. Stick. Speak French. It’s that easy!
• 10-15 minute bite-sized French lessons fit in your schedule
• Lessons covering a wide range of topics (including travel, culture, and business)
• Speech recognition technology aids pronunciation
• Ideal for both beginners and advanced learners
• Review Manager keeps French vocabulary in your long term memory
• Learning progress synchronized across all your devices and on the web
WORKS FOR YOUR GOALS:
After just a month you will be able to handle important French conversations for:
• Making friends and socializing
• And much more!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT US:
“Babbel exceeds expectations, delivering high-quality, self-paced courses.” -PCMag.com
“Exceptionally good site.” -The Economist
“Babbel is one of the stalwarts of the online language learning sphere.” -TNW
**The World’s Highest Grossing Language Learning App**
**Fast Company # 1 Most Innovative Education Company 2016**
**Awarded Apple's Best Apps of 2014 in 9 countries!**
You will need a subscription in order to get access to the full learning materials for one language.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Each subscription will be automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current payment period.
Your iTunes account will be automatically charged at the same price for renewal within the 24-hour period prior to the end of the current payment period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
When a subscription is canceled, access to the app’s courses and features will expire at the end of the current payment period.
We’d love to hear from you. Write to us with questions and suggestions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve been busy squashing bugs and improving app performance to give you the best Babbel app to date.
Ratings and Reviews
Well designed, fun, manageable, practical
Although I studied French for four years in school, it’s been over 30 years, so I started with the beginners course. Because some basics are still familiar, it’s moving quickly, but it is well worth my starting from scratch because I’d forgotten most of the finer points (e.g. proper use of prepositions) and my pronunciation is, ahem, rather poor.
I have a couple suggestions:
1) it would be nice to have the option of repeating something within a lesson. Sometimes my mistakes are due to typos, not misunderstanding.
2) it would be helpful to know what exactly is not working when I mispronounce something. (I realize that may be a complicated thing to do—speech recognition would need to break down syllables, and then be able to explain to the student the problem, but, perhaps one day. It would be super helpful.). In the mean time, it would be helpful if one had the option of pronouncing the words more slowly at first—that might help me figure out which syllable is the problem.
3) I think there should be extra letters thrown in to make it a little more challenging when filling in the blanks. (Perhaps that happens later, but I think it would be good to start that in course 2.)
Thanks for a terrific learning experience. I especially appreciate the way the review feature works.
I definitely recommend highly to others!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your detailed review here. We really appreciate your feedback and are so pleased to hear you're enjoying learning French with us! We've forwarded your suggestions for improved speech recognition features, repeating within the lesson and more challenging spelling exercises. Our developers are happy to receive your ideas and are working on future improvements.
Bonne chance dans votre apprentissage !
A good tool but needs some work
I like the Babbel system for teaching language. However, I think the web-based site is much superior to the app. I do not like that I cannot go back and hear the native speakers more than once on the app (you can on the web-based site). I do not like (and this is true of the web-based site, too) that if you don’t pronounce the way the program thinks you should, you know you didn’t do it right but you don’t know what you did wrong. In fairness, I have tried other web-based language learning systems, and I haven’t found one that does any better than Babbel at this point, but still, it is something the Babbel designers could work on. On a more positive note, Babbel does give realistic conversations to practice with, and that helps remember the words. All in all, this is a great way to learn a language (French, in my case). I just hope the developers keep working to make it even better.
First off I really like the app, it’s easy to use, is fun to come to every day to get some studying in and I think it’s covering some useful stuff in the beginning category.
A few things i wish it did -
1) don’t feed me the exact letters i need to spell the words, give a full keyboard so i have to think about it.
2) when i go to the review tab, rather than flash cards or written, a fully comprehensive review of all previously studied material would be helpful. Including speech
3) need more speech, for some of the conversation tabs have them be spoken instead of just written.
4) less prompts in English. Maybe this is because I’m still in the beginners section, but I think it’d be helpful in getting myself to think in another language if i weren’t relying on the crutch of English.
The material is challenging and is well laid out, overall I’d give the app a 3.5 just because it falls a little short for me on some aspects. I know nothing beats in person study/speaking/listening so maybe that’s a bit harsh. Hope this helps!
Developer Response ,
Hi, many thanks for your detailed review and excellent feedback. I have passed this on to our course development team. Hopefully this could be something we improve on in future. For now, please enjoy your course, and if you have any further feedback for us, just drop us an email at email@example.com.
- Lesson Nine GmbH
- 156.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lesson Nine GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Learn French $29.99
- Learn French $15.99
- Learn French $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.