Learn with Homer: Reading & Educational Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2015 Winner of the Teacher's Choice Gold Award, Mom's Choice Gold Award + recommended by Today Show
Harvard & Stanford Research shows Learn with Homer increases early reading scores by 74%
"In just six weeks, with no intervention from teachers, students who used Learn with Homer for 15 minutes per day improved the key skills most highly correlated with future reading success. That’s a big deal.”
- Dr. Susan B. Neuman, Former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Education, Professor of Early Childhood & Literacy Education, NYU
We cover 50+ reading skills! Our fun, all-in-one, easy-to-use program gets children READY for pre-K, Kindergarten + 1st grade.
“My students use Homer 10 minutes every day and are advancing faster than their peers.” - Teresa M., Teacher, Happy, KY
BEST-IN-CLASS EARLY LEARNING AVAILABLE TO FAMILIES
Learn with Homer brings directly to families the personalized reading instruction once only available through expensive after-school learning centers or private tutors.
“A captivating, comprehensive early reading resource"
- Five Stars, Common Sense Media
“A mobile app to start your kid’s school year off right”
“...Brings to the tablet the best of how a child learns to read and build knowledge”
-MSNBC Morning Joe
THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE HOMER METHOD
The Homer Method combines the best research on how children learn to read with innovative game design in an immersive learning experience. It develops confident readers by progressively building over 50+ skills, including:
· Letter sound recognition (phonics)
· Proper pronunciation of letter sounds
· Upper- + lowercase letters
· Middle + ending sounds
· Sight Words
LET GRANDMA CHEER YOUR CHILD ON!
Our new signature product, Homer’s Pigeon Post, is a parent-controlled, invitation-only virtual postal service that keeps families connected. It’s free, safe, and easy. Send a postcard today! See www.learnwithhomer.com/pigeon-post for details.
- Just 15 minutes a day builds skills + confidence
- Easy - 100s of hours of learning in one place
- Proven literacy method teaches kids to read
- Entertains for hours through vast library of stories + songs
- New content added every week
- Science + history field trips build knowledge
- Tracks child’s progress from website dashboard
- Pigeon Post delivers personalized postcards to child from family members who are part of a safe, parent-controlled circle
Safe, trusted, fun. We take your privacy seriously. No ads, ever. Compatible with iPad 2 +.
Visit us: learnwithhomer.com
Like us: facebook.com/learnwithhomer
Follow us: twitter.com/learnwithhomer
Your feedback makes us stronger; keep it coming! Thanks to our most loyal customers.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
Learn With Homer membership - optional subscription details:
- Try it Free. No commitment to subscribe. Then, become a member by subscribing anytime for less than the cost of a tutoring session
- Monthly or annual subscriptions give unlimited access to full curriculum and progress reporting
- Subscriptions are priced at $7.99/monthly and $79.99/yearly
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account after a 30 day free trial
- Content added every month
- Payment will be charged to iTunes following 30 day free trial.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help
What's New in Version 2.9.1
Learn With Homer now supports iOS 9! Many crucial bugs have been fixed to make your child's learning experience exceptional on Apple's latest version of iOS.
This review is a long time coming...
Let me start by saying that I am not only a mom, but a teacher who is part of a family of teachers. I originally downloaded this app 2 years ago on a whim. My oldest was 3 and she got a kick out of the basics. Last week she turned 5. She was spending more and more time on Homer and kept begging me to upgrade to the full version. I did as a birthday gift and she has spent envy allowable minute playing since.
She is really learning to read and the stories are engaging. She gets genuinely excited to check the pigeon post and earn thinking caps. She will share facts and jokes she learned on the app. Let's be honest, sometimes it can be a struggle to get kids to practice reading because they are not instantly good at it, but she keeps coming back and working and hhat to is the highlight for me.
I've brought a few things to the attention of customer service and they have been prompt, friendly, and seem genuinely committed to making this the best possible product for children. Do the free trial, and I would be shocked if you didn't think. it was worth your child's time.
My 5 year-old son is reading and comprehending comfortably at a fourth grade reading level. (Although that's just where I stopped testing. He can read just about anything!) I started him at age 3 with Homer. I am a certified elementary school teacher and am so impressed with the balance between phonics and language experience in this program. In addition to interactive games for phonics instruction, the program offers sight word recognition activities, as well as reading selections in various genres of music and literature. Also, children can record their own read-alouds to assess intonation, pacing and fluency. The interactive discovery lessons have beautiful photographs and sound bites that allow children to read and experience many areas of interest such as zoo animals, exercise, and the five senses. I haven't mentioned all the interactive goodies in Homer, but I would definitely recommend this program to reluctant young readers, struggling readers, or just any children who are ready for some reading fun! Thanks, Homer!
Fun App for Kids
My 5 yo enjoys this app and doesn't even realize he's learning! The instructions are clear and the way to navigate in each section is easy to understand. After showing him once, he can now go on his own. His favorite part is the songs and recording his own voice! The only complaint is with the Merry Go Round section. We use this app as part of homeschool and it is not easy for my son to navigate to make sure he has done each section. Overall though, it's an awesome app that requires very little parental involvement so kids can have you by their side or do it on their own. We love Homer!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 24, 2015
- Version: 2.9.1
- Size: 386 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: HomerLearning, Inc.
- © 2014 HomerLearning, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Homer Unlimited Access$7.99
- Homer Unlimited Access$20.99
- Discover Zoo + About Us Multi-Pack$8.99
- Learn To Read 3-8 Multi-Pack$6.99
- Homer Unlimited Access$79.99
- Learn To Read 3-5 Multi-Pack$3.99
- Learn to Read Single Pack: Level 3$1.99
- Learn to Read Single Pack: Level 4$1.99
- Learn To Read 3-9 Multi-Pack$7.99
- Discover Single Pack: Feathered Friends$1.99