Babbel – Learn Languages Spanish, French & more
By Lesson Nine GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German, and many more languages with Babbel, the shortest path to real-life conversations in a new language. Developed by a team of language learning experts, Babbel has helped millions of people speak a new language with confidence.
The Babbel Method
Here’s what makes Babbel more effective than any other language learning app:
1. Confidence — Our goal is to get you speaking from your very first lesson. And our elegantly designed courses give you the confidence to get there. We teach you how to engage in practical, everyday conversations, making it easier for you to have authentic experiences in your new language.
2. Comprehension — Our lessons immerse you in relevant culture and real-life conversations. We want you to really take in the language, not just memorize useless phrases. And we provide helpful hints in English (or your native language) to make your new language more relatable.
3. Retention — We know you’re busy. That’s why our lessons are short but sweet: about 10-15 minutes, and designed to send your new language straight to long-term memory. We regularly refresh your memory with our dynamic review sessions, which target areas where you need improvement most. Finally, we make sure you really grasp what you’re learning by bringing it back later in a new context.
• 14 languages to choose from
• 10-15 minute, bite-sized lessons that fit conveniently into your schedule
• Lessons covering a wide range of useful topics, from travel to business (and more!)
• Speech recognition technology to keep your pronunciation on point
• Courses at a variety of skill levels, making Babbel ideal for both beginners and more advanced learners
• Our robust Review Manager helps you retain new vocabulary
• Learning progress that’s synchronized across all your devices, so you can easily pick up right where you left off
Spanish, French, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Polish, English, Indonesian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian
Works for your goals
After just one month, you will be able to speak confidently about practical topics, such as:
• Making friends and socializing
And much more!
What people are saying about Babbel:
“Babbel is one of the stalwarts of the online language-learning sphere.” -The Next Web
“Babbel’s lessons, unlike Duolingo’s, first focus on building basic conversational skills.” -The Economist
“Babbel exceeds expectations, delivering high-quality, self-paced courses in 13 languages.” -PC Magazine
*Named 2016’s “most innovative company in education” by Fast Company*
*The World’s Highest Grossing Language Learning App*
You will need a subscription in order to get access to the full learning materials for one language.
Each subscription will be automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current payment period.
Your iTunes account will be automatically charged at the same price for renewal within the 24-hour period prior to the end of the current payment period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings.
When a subscription is canceled, access to the app’s courses and features will expire at the end of the current payment period.
What's New in Version 5.4.5
Hugs, not bugs.
That’s what we’d prefer. Unfortunately, bugs happen. So, in those rare moments we’re not enjoying the warm embrace of a hug, we’re working hard to fix what needs to be fixed and introducing new features that improve your learning experience.
• Memory trainers adapted to bigger screensizes
• Formatting fixes for word order trainers
Did you know?
About 500,000 to 2,000,000 people speak Esperanto — an artificial language created in the 19th century.
Questions? Feedback? We’d love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Great app, with a few issues
I really like this app but there are a few things I'd like to see changed: make it so you can go back a "page" without having to retake the whole lesson, and don't quickly go to the next page automatically. Sometimes I'd like to look over the completed answer to let it sink in, but the app quickly goes on by itself. Put a "next" button on each page.
If there were a search box to find the spot in a lesson where something was taught and you could review, that would be great. The alphabetical list of review vocabulary doesn't encompass everything that was taught.
Other than this, I have learned quite a bit from Babbel even though I am at a high intermediate level. There is vocabulary in here that I didn't know, even after several years of study in Spanish.
Great Language Learning Program
I have used different language learning books, tapes and apps and have found this system to be the most effective. I have been able to rapidly develop an intuitive understanding of learning Italian with the approach Babble uses to teach with multiple approaches speaking, reading, and spelling the language. Learning with Babble app is fun and exciting and has given me immediate results while showing the progress I have been making at the end of each lesson. I plan to use this system to learn several languages. Way to go Babble!
Good App- Do not like So much spelling
I travel to Germany often for work so I downloaded this app to learn how to speak in German. The app works well and is well thought out.
However, I do not like all the typing and spelling you have to do. I have a hard enough time spelling in English, much less a beginners class in a foreign language. I often do not get credit for passing a lesson because I spelled the correct word wrong. That is super frustrating. I would understand an intermediate or advanced lesson focusing on spelling but beginners just need to build vocabulary. That is how we learned as kids.
I would ask the developers to considering focusing on knowing and recognizing the words.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 29, 2017
- Version: 5.4.5
- Size: 135 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Lesson Nine GmbH
- © Lesson Nine GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Learn Spanish$26.99
- Learn Spanish$12.99
- Learn French$26.99
- Learn French$12.99
- Learn Italian$26.99
- Learn Italian$12.99
- Learn German$26.99
- Learn German$12.99
- Learn English$12.99
- Learn English$26.99