By Rosetta Stone, Ltd.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Tried. Tested. Proven. Rated the top mobile language learning app by Macworld, Rosetta Stone is the award-winning program used by millions of people every day. No flashcards, textbooks, or boring memorization - a few minutes a day is all you need!
Download the app and try the first lesson free (other lessons available upon full purchase of the product).
• “If you’re serious about learning a language, Rosetta Stone is well worth your money.”- Macworld, July 27, 2016.
• “The gold standard.” – CNN
• “Rosetta Stone may be the next best thing to living in a country.” – The Wall Street Journal
• “The approach to learning languages works.” – TechCrunch
• 2017 Platinum Award for Best Educational App by the Best Mobile App Awards
• 2017 Best Productivity & Utilities App by Mobile UX Awards
• 2016 PCMag Editors Choice
• 2015 Tabby Awards Education & Reference winner
We teach you a new language the way you learned your first: through total immersion. You’ll enjoy fun, interactive lessons that leverage pictures, text, sound, and real-time scenarios to teach you a new language in a way that really sticks.
• Learn core language skills: speaking, reading, and listening.
• Practical training: Learn to think and speak on your feet with lessons based on everyday scenarios.
• Accent coaching: Our speech recognition technology listens to your pronunciation and helps you correct it, helping you speak more authentically.
• Automatic syncing: Continue your language lesson right where you left off from any of your iOS devices: desktop, tablet, and mobile.
• Offline capability: No Internet, no problem. Download lessons to use offline for on-the-go training (Not available for Enterprise and Education learners).
• Phrasebook: Always know what to say with easy-to-access greetings, phrases, useful expressions and more - perfect for traveling!
• Audio Companion: Conveniently listen and learn offline with downloadable audio lessons.
• Stories: Dive into the world of literature and pick up new vocabulary by reading stories as they were meant to be read - in their original language.
CHOOSE FROM THESE LANGUAGES:
• Spanish (Latin America), English (American), French, Italian
• German, Spanish (Spain), English (Britain), Chinese (Mandarin)
• Arabic, Dutch, Filipino (Tagalog), Greek
• Hebrew, Hindi, Irish, Japanese
• Korean, Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil)
• Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese
EDUCATION, ENTERPRISE, AND PAID SUBSCRIBERS:
Unlimited use of Rosetta Stone's mobile app is available for current paid subscribers and existing Education or Enterprise users.
KEEP UP WITH ROSETTA STONE:
For product updates, offers, and the latest from Rosetta Stone, including language learning tips, news, fun, and more, follow us on:
For questions or assistance, please visit http://support.rosettastone.com/en
What's New in Version 4.6.1
• Bug fixes
Rosetta Stone French is Great
So I own the computer software but decided to give this a go because it’s so handy. For less than ten bucks a month it really is nice to use. I really enjoy it. At first I was really hesitant because there are free apps like Duolingo out there but this is really just so much better. Duolingo seemed okay before but I'm finding errors with it now. I just don't like it nearly as much. With the newest update you really just can't beat Rosetta Stone.
Forces you to learn
I am learning French in this app forces you to pay attention to the details of the picture in order to get the correct answer. I do wish sometimes they would go over what new words they are using and their meaning therefore I would better have a good understanding of what answer I need to choose but other than that this app is great for people trying to learn a new language. I use this app along with Duolingo and they work hand-in-hand.
*A great tool to aid learning a new language
I don’t feel that Rosette Stone as a stand alone would fully teach you a new language, but When combined with books or classes, it is fantastic.
The hard part is pronunciation.
The app is very lenient when it comes to hearing what you are saying when in the voice sections.
I’d suggest first learning the “alphabet” of the language you are planning to studying.
Especially if it’s a more symbol based language.
As well as proper pronunciation of those symbols. It’s hard to decipher an audio clip when you can’t see the mouth movement of the person speaking.
This will help you tremendously!
Other than that and the bad touch detection, it’s helpful and well designed.
Worth the money IMO
Great for when you’d like to study with something interactive rather than a text book.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 13, 2017
- Version: 4.6.1
- Size: 202 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Rosetta Stone Ltd.
- © 2013 Rosetta Stone Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Spanish (Latin America) (5 Levels)$199.99
- English (American) (5 Levels)$199.99
- French (5 Levels)$199.99
- Italian (5 Levels)$199.99
- Japanese (3 Levels)$129.99
- German (5 Levels)$199.99
- Chinese (Mandarin) (5 Levels)$199.99
- Spanish (Spain) (5 Levels)$199.99
- Portuguese (Brazil) (3 Levels)$129.99
- Russian (5 Levels)$199.99