Learn Languages with Rosetta Stone
By Rosetta Stone, Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tried. Tested. Proven. Rated as the top mobile language learning app by Macworld, Rosetta Stone is the award-winning program used by millions of people everyday. No flashcards, textbooks, or boring memorization--a few minutes a day is all you need!
Download the app and try the first lesson free (other lessons available upon full purchase of product)
Rosetta Stone’s mobile app is the easiest way to learn another language.
“If you’re serious about learning a language, Rosetta Stone is well worth your money.” Macworld, July 27, 2016.
“The gold standard.” – CNN
“Rosetta Stone may be the next best thing to living in a country.” – The Wall Street Journal
“The approach to learning languages works.” – TechCrunch
*2016 PCMag Editors Choice
*2015 Tabby Awards Education & Reference winner
*2014 Tabby Awards Users' Choice pick
We teach you a new language the way you learned your first: through total immersion. You’ll enjoy fun, interactive lessons that leverage pictures, text, sound, and real-time scenarios to teach you a new language in a way that really sticks.
Learn one of 24 languages including Spanish (Latin America), English, French, Italian, German, Spanish (Spain), and Chinese (Mandarin), with engaging, self-paced lessons designed by experts in language learning.
• Learn core language skills: speaking, reading, and listening.
• Practical training: Learn to think and speak on your feet with lessons based on everyday scenarios.
• Accent coaching: Our speech recognition technology listens to your pronunciation and helps you correct it, helping you speak more authentically.
• Automatic syncing: Continue your language lesson right where you left off from any of your iOS devices: desktop, tablet, and mobile.
• Offline capability: No Internet, no problem. Download lessons to use offline for on-the-go training (Coming soon for E&E learners).
● Spanish (Latin America)
● English (American)
● Spanish (Spain)
● Chinese (Mandarin)
● + 17 More Language Choices!
E&E and PAID SUBSCRIBERS:
Free, unlimited use of Rosetta Stone's mobile app is available for current paid subscribers and existing E&E users.
KEEP UP WITH ROSETTA STONE:
For product updates, offers, and the latest from Rosetta Stone, including language learning tips, news, fun, and more, follow us on:
For questions or assistance, please visit http://support.rosettastone.com/en
What's New in Version 4.2
New in version 4.2:
• Learners can use their company’s single sign-on system to access the application.
• Offline mode is supported for Phrasebook content
• Users can provide ratings and feedback from within the app
Points off for...
It is clearly far superior to the class-room systems I have tried in the past. It is, however very annoying as I have to provide quite a few pieces of information periodically to continue using the program. I have an iPhone 7+ but my finger-print is not enough for the sellers of this app and it sets me back to having to read info off from something (a book or a note in another program) to enter crap like the type of account I purchased. This is one of the most expensive apps that I have purchased (for about $100) but also probably the most annoying one - I now have to find my book of passwords (& travel with them to use it at convenient times) to continue. Right now, I'm writing this review instead of continuing with another lesson!! - point off convenience "attribute"!! After interruption I have had difficulty in resuming - VERY FRUSTRATING!!
Fun & easy to use
It is fun and easy to use. It is also much easier to use the online format as opposed to working through discs. Also, the subscription system is a huge incentive to get as much as possible out of the course while my subscription is active, and the only way to become proficient is regular practice.
I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 for 2 reasons. The interface on the phone is rather small and the immersion theory requires being able to see and understand what is going on in the pictures. The other issue is that the microphone setup was a bit frustrating at times and would cause me to get scored incorrectly. That aspect could be patched.
Rosetta Stone Dutch
I love Rosetta Stone! I just bought the Dutch lesson yesterday and I'm almost finished with unit one. I love the price for it, too. But when you purchase a language with the application, it may show up that all of the units you bought are still locked. All you have to do is go to settings and press restore purchase. That should unlock all of your lessons. I have an iPhone 7+, and when it asked me to put my fingerprint on the home button to pay, I did. Then when I went onto the app, it showed up as all lessons locked. All I did was press restore purchase, and it unlocked all the lessons. Hope this helps!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 19, 2017
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 182 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Rosetta Stone Ltd.
- © 2013 Rosetta Stone Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Spanish (Latin America) (5 Levels)$199.99
- English (American) (5 Levels)$199.99
- French (5 Levels)$199.99
- Italian (5 Levels)$199.99
- German (5 Levels)$199.99
- Japanese (3 Levels)$129.99
- Spanish (Spain) (5 Levels)$199.99
- Chinese (Mandarin) (5 Levels)$199.99
- Portuguese (Brazil) (3 Levels)$129.99
- Russian (5 Levels)$199.99