Ed-Wonderland is the No.1 Mandarin Chinese learning game for beginners!
Featured on the App Store in New Apps We Love!
ED-WONDERLAND'S KEY FEATURES
• learn Chinese with fun, bite-sized essential daily usage lessons,
• provides both Easy Mode and Challenge Mode for learning,
• provides both traditional and simplified Chinese,
• learn daily character, daily word and daily chengyu lessons,
• learn essential Chinese grammar,
• practice Chinese characters handwriting (including 1000+ traditional and simplified characters!),
• learn vocabulary conforming to HSK 1-4 proficiency tests requirements,
• take lessons on the Chinese Zodiac and pinyin,
• click on objects in beautiful scenes to see what they are called in the Mandarin language,
• play with well-designed interactive mechanisms to learn,
• use the Mandarin language knowledge learned to complete different missions,
• achieve higher challenge levels,
• earn badges and share your achievements with friends,
• play addictive educational games, and
• use the knowledge you learned to save animals from enemies in the Animal Valley!
• support offline mode!
Educational Theories Behind Ed-Wonderland and How They Work!
• “I am interested in learning Chinese, but I don't know how to start.” – Ed-Wonderland is the perfect app for beginners to learn Chinese. All the courses and missions are designed with consideration of learning curve.
• “I don’t have opportunities to use Mandarin.” – Ed-Wonderland applied situated-learning theory by providing many real-life-like environments with multiple missions using the Chinese language. You will have chances to apply the Chinese language you learned and know how and when to use the knowledge.
• “It is so hard for me to keep learning.” – Ed-Wonderland provides addictive games and fun missions in a happy learning environment. Ed-Wonderland is also the most highly game-based learning app. You will just love it! Won't be surprised to hear that you're addicted to Ed-Wonderland!
• “I really don’t have much time to learn.” – Each lesson typically takes only 1-2 minutes to complete, and the lessons are fun and effective!
• ”I want to learn while commuting.” – Ed-Wonderland offers the autoplay feature for character, word, and sentence lists, so that you can just listen and do not need to keep looking at the screen. In addition, EVERYTHING in Ed-Wonderland can be used offline! We will update your learning history when you have the Internet access if you login!
DAILY-LIFE MANDARIN LESSONS IN BEAUTIFUL SCENES
• 3 Free Fundamental Mandarin lessons and scenes
• Transportation: Bus & Subway
…fun, effective, and more to come!
INNOVATIVE INTERACTIVE MECHANISMS
Alice Education Studio proudly presents “interactive mechanisms” - the most creative and fun way to learn Mandarin Chinese - including:
• Balloon Machine: Blow balloons with different colors and listen to what the color is called in Mandarin.
• Calculator: Use the calculator to perform arithmetic operations on numbers and learn how to say it in Mandarin.
• Time Controller: Watch what happens when you play with the clock to change the time of the scene, and learn how to say a specific time in Mandarin.
• Weather Controller: Change the weather in the scene, and learn how to express a specific weather condition in Chinese.
• Bus Controller: Open the bus roof and explore what’s inside the bus.
• Subway Station Controller: Take a look at the subway train running underground.
ADDICTIVE EDUCATIONAL GAMES
• Animal Rescue (sentence structure)
• Tic-Tac-Toe (pinyin & tones)
• Mini Soccer (meaning & translation)
• Bridge Hero (meaning & translation)
Alice Education Studio cares about what you think. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Bug fixes and performance improvements!
Ratings and Reviews
Best Mandarin Learning App
I've used several apps to learn Mandarin, and this is easily the best one. It covers all the major aspects of the language, such as character recognition, HSK, chengyu, and strokes. The gamification is a great system to keep you interested, and the mini games are a fun "study break" (although sometimes it relies less on your Mandarin knowledge and more on game aspects, which is fair for a game).
My only recommendation is a more where you can practice exclusively writing. The minigames so far tackle character recognition, identifying tones, and vocabulary. aminigame where you focus solely on writing would be nice, or if not a game then a study option.
Overall a solid Mandarin learning app, highly recommend!
This app stands out from other Chinese language learning apps in a lot of meaningful ways
1) Gamification: the interactive environments make the process fun like a real game. It provides fun incentives by letting you purchase avatars with the points you earn.
2) Reading comprehension. Other apps just go through vocabulary and sentences. There’s a feature that makes you read 2 paragraphs of specific information and tests you on it. This is so helpful and practical if you want any hope of being able to read news articles or communicate more complex ideas.
3) Chengyu- there’s a feature that helps you learn chengyu, AKA idioms/sayings. Knowing idioms is so important for understanding the culture and language better.
4) HSK review 👍
Things I’d be interested in seeing more:
-The lessons could be a little more challenging, and infuse more complex grammar lessons
-more in game rewards to ensure long term motivation
-ways to let you interact with other players for a more game-like feel
Developer Response ,
Dear City Pigeon, thank you so much for your wonderful review and great suggestions! Super helpful! :-)
I love this app! There’s not enough lessons at the moment but the daily words and chengyu and HK lists are helping me learn new stuff all the time. I really like the interactive environment and the challenges.
That being said, I completed challenge 29 and now the app is frozen and I have no access to it :(
Please help. This happened before and I re-downloaded the app assuming that it would save my data but that was not the case. Now that is has happened again, I can no longer access the app.
Developer Response ,
Dear raw1ison, we would love to do everything we can to help! The data should be saved on the cloud if you logged in Game Center or Facebook in Ed-Wonderland. Could you please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Edit (2018/11/23): We did detect a bug when you reach Challenge 29; we are so sorry. We currently modified the server data so that users who reach challenge 29 will be decreased by one to Challenge level 28, so hopefully you can play for now. This is just a temporary solution; the bug will be completely fixed in the following version coming in December - your challenge level will be back to 30, and everything should be fine by then! Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. And we feel grateful to have a wonderful user like you! Keep up the awesome work on learning! ;-)
- Kuo-Hsun Hung
- 154.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 學騰教育有限公司 (Alice Education Studio)
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Premium $8.99
- Unlock All Scenes $3.99
- HSK 1&2 Vocabulary Lesson $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.