Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German, and many more languages with Babbel. Developed by a team of language learning experts, Babbel has helped millions of people speak a new language with confidence.
THE BABBEL METHOD
Here’s what makes Babbel more effective than any other language learning app:
1. Confidence — Our goal is to get you speaking from your very first lesson. And our elegantly designed courses give you the confidence to get there. We teach you how to engage in practical, everyday conversations, making it easier for you to have authentic experiences in your new language.
2. Comprehension — Our lessons immerse you in relevant culture and real-life conversations. We want you to really take in the language, not just memorize useless phrases. And we provide helpful hints in English (or your native language) to make your new language more relatable.
3. Retention — We know you’re busy. That’s why our lessons are short but sweet: about 10-15 minutes, and designed to send your new language straight to long-term memory. We regularly refresh your memory with our dynamic review sessions, which target areas where you need improvement most. Finally, we make sure you really grasp what you’re learning by bringing it back later in a new context.
• 14 languages to choose from
• 10-15 minute, bite-sized lessons that fit conveniently into your schedule
• Lessons covering a wide range of useful topics, from travel to business (and more!)
• Speech recognition technology to keep your pronunciation on point
• Courses at a variety of skill levels, making Babbel ideal for both beginners and more advanced learners
• Our robust Review Manager helps you retain new vocabulary
• Learning progress that’s synchronized across all your devices, so you can easily pick up right where you left off
Spanish, French, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Polish, English, Indonesian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian
WORKS FOR YOUR GOALS
After just one month, you will be able to speak confidently about practical topics, such as:
• Making friends and socializing
And much more!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT BABBEL
“Babbel is one of the stalwarts of the online language-learning sphere.” -The Next Web
“Babbel’s lessons, unlike Duolingo’s, first focus on building basic conversational skills.” -The Economist
“Babbel exceeds expectations, delivering high-quality, self-paced courses in 13 languages.” -PC Magazine
*Named 2016’s “most innovative company in education” by Fast Company*
*The World’s Highest Grossing Language Learning App*
You will need a subscription in order to get access to the full learning materials for one language. Each subscription will be automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current payment period. Your iTunes account will be automatically charged at the same price for renewal within the 24-hour period prior to the end of the current payment period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings. When a subscription is canceled, access to the app’s courses and features will expire at the end of the current payment period.
You'll get access to all courses for the following durations:
GET IN TOUCH :
Any ideas, comments or feedback? Then we’d love to hear it! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU CAN ALSO...
...visit us at www.babbel.com
...like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/babbel.languages
...watch us on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/LessonNine
…follow us on Twitter twitter.com/babbel
or on Instagram: instagram.com/babbel.languages/
Hi! Bonjour ! Ciao! ¡Hola! Olá! Hallo! Hallå där!
We’ve been busy killing bugs and improving performance, giving you the best Babbel app to date.
Speak a new language with confidence. 15 minutes a day is all that it takes!
Questions? Feedback? We’d love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Language lessons that you can adapt for your age and proficiency.
Coming from Pimsluer Russian
I studied Pimsluer Russian but the duration of time it took along with the lack of writing and visuals made it easy to speak but difficult to ensure I was saying the right thing, either pronunciation or the right version of the word within the sentence, such as “a” and “и.” I did make it through Stage 1 (of 3) with them and it made the beginning of this app very simple as I knew a good amount right off the bat, but this app ties in visual, auditory, muscle and speach in a way that’s much quicker and easier to understand what you are saying. I also found it really helpful the way they group the language together, and how they explain how and why certain parts of the language are the way they are. These concepts are essential to understanding the language but I was completely missing out with Pimsluer. It’s fast, fun and can be done in my free time. If I take a week off I can be confident to pick it all back up again rather than be faced with the choice to listen to a 45 minute seminar that I’ve already heard or go to the next one and not remember everything from last week.
Try the app out! It’s fun and refreshing!
Classroom style learning at home
Babbel offers first and second semester college level language learning. I am trying to become conversational in Spanish after being married to a native speaker for 11 years and taking several college courses in the language. I would give 5 stars, but there is no way to test out of the beginning lessons and focus on what you need to improve on as there is in an app like Duolingo. I find myself using Duolingo more because it is more fun and brings a game like aspect to learning, but when I want to focus on technical details of the language I turn to babbel. As with any language learning regimen, this app must only be part of your learning plan if you wish to be fluent. You must speak with people in the language and immerse yourself In it by reading and listening to it. I get my news from CNN español now, and I listen to Spanish radio and tv whenever I can. Having a native speaker in the house doesn't hurt either! Overall, I am satisfied with babbel, I just wish it wasn't so similar to the structure I was used to from the classroom, it doesn't feel very useful!
- Lesson Nine GmbH
- 135.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lesson Nine GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Spanish 3 months $29.99
- Spanish 1 month $15.99
- French 1 month $15.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.