Babbel – Learn Languages Spanish, French & more
By Lesson Nine GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German, and many more languages with Babbel, the shortest path to real-life conversations in a new language. Developed by a team of language learning experts, Babbel has helped millions of people speak a new language with confidence.
The Babbel Method
Here’s what makes Babbel more effective than any other language learning app:
1. Confidence — Our goal is to get you speaking from your very first lesson. And our elegantly designed courses give you the confidence to get there. We teach you how to engage in practical, everyday conversations, making it easier for you to have authentic experiences in your new language.
2. Comprehension — Our lessons immerse you in relevant culture and real-life conversations. We want you to really take in the language, not just memorize useless phrases. And we provide helpful hints in English (or your native language) to make your new language more relatable.
3. Retention — We know you’re busy. That’s why our lessons are short but sweet: about 10-15 minutes, and designed to send your new language straight to long-term memory. We regularly refresh your memory with our dynamic review sessions, which target areas where you need improvement most. Finally, we make sure you really grasp what you’re learning by bringing it back later in a new context.
• 14 languages to choose from
• 10-15 minute, bite-sized lessons that fit conveniently into your schedule
• Lessons covering a wide range of useful topics, from travel to business (and more!)
• Speech recognition technology to keep your pronunciation on point
• Courses at a variety of skill levels, making Babbel ideal for both beginners and more advanced learners
• Our robust Review Manager helps you retain new vocabulary
• Learning progress that’s synchronized across all your devices, so you can easily pick up right where you left off
Spanish, French, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Polish, English, Indonesian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian
Works for your goals
After just one month, you will be able to speak confidently about practical topics, such as:
• Making friends and socializing
And much more!
What people are saying about Babbel:
“Babbel is one of the stalwarts of the online language-learning sphere.” -The Next Web
“Babbel’s lessons, unlike Duolingo’s, first focus on building basic conversational skills.” -The Economist
“Babbel exceeds expectations, delivering high-quality, self-paced courses in 13 languages.” -PC Magazine
*Named 2016’s “most innovative company in education” by Fast Company*
*The World’s Highest Grossing Language Learning App*
You will need a subscription in order to get access to the full learning materials for one language.
For each language there are four subscription options available:
One-month subscription for $9.99
Three-month subscription for $19.99
Six-month subscription for $33.99
Twelve-month subscription for $59.99
Each subscription will be automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current payment period.
Your iTunes account will be automatically charged at the same price for renewal within the 24-hour period prior to the end of the current payment period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings.
When a subscription is canceled, access to the app’s courses and features will expire at the end of the current payment period.
What's New in Version 5.4.3
Hugs, not bugs.
That’s what we’d prefer. Unfortunately, bugs happen. So, in those rare moments we’re not enjoying the warm embrace of a hug, we’re working hard to fix what needs to be fixed and introducing new features that improve your learning experience.
Did you know?
There are about 7,000 languages in the world.
Questions? Feedback? Hug requests? We’d love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Babbel Team
The app is great in that it utilizes a lot of different learning styles to teach you the content. However there are three main areas that could be improved: 1. I requested to learn 'Latin America' Spanish, not 'Spain' Spanish. However, the lessons continue to default to words used in Spain rather than Latin America (e.g., vosotros, billete, etc); 2. The voice recognition feature could be better (it often indicates I've incorrectly pronounced a word when it was clearly correct - unbiased observers agree); 3. There needs to be a review at the end of lessons for the items you did poorly on. Finally, it would be great if the app came with charts to reference all the information you are learning such as grammar and vocabulary. The lessons dive right in without giving you any overview of how sentences are structured or the basics of grammar in the language.
Good to learn French but not good to learn practical French for your trip!
I paid the full price to get all the full lessons in this app and I feel a little regretful. I started with the basics which was fine but when I choose to do the French for your vacation courses they don't seem very practical to me. I would prefer full sentences and phrases that will most likely be used while vacationing. Or survival French. I don't care to learn how to write French. I don't mind learning how to read it. I don't like that it makes you write the word down as part of the lessons. If you have time and the patience to go through all the lessons then it's a good investment. I paid for 6 months of lessons and I don't yet feel comfortable with my French.
Best for learning languages
Babbel is the best app/website for learning a new language and worth the subscription price. It teaches concepts rather than simply presenting words and phrases for memorization. They've recently fixed some longstanding bugs in the reviews feature. The disadvantage of using this multi-language app over individual language Babbel apps is that this one doesn't remember your place when switching languages. That's a big drawback for multi-language learners. For that reason, it may be worth downloading multiple specific language Babbel apps if you have room on your device.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 19, 2016
- Version: 5.4.3
- Size: 135 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Lesson Nine GmbH
- © Lesson Nine GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Learn Spanish$19.99
- Learn Spanish$9.99
- Learn French$19.99
- Learn French$9.99
- Learn Italian$19.99
- Learn German$19.99
- Learn Italian$9.99
- Learn German$9.99
- Learn English$9.99
- Learn English$19.99