Learn Spanish - Free WordPower
By Innovative Language Learning, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Are you interested in learning Spanish, but just don't have the time?
Let's face it, not everyone can commit full-time to learning a language. We know there are many things going on in your life: school, work, the kids, that special someone. That's why we developed WordPower Learn Spanish Vocabulary Free for the ultra-busy, 21st century lifestyle. There's absolutely no reason to miss out on all the benefits of learning Spanish just because you're light on time. With WordPower Learn Spanish Vocabulary Free, you'll start down the road to fluency and reap the rewards that go with it.
With WordPower Learn Spanish Vocabulary Free, you'll master 100 of the most frequently used words and phrases in the Spanish language right on your iOS device! The app doubles as a mini travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Spanish phrases. Learn Spanish with audio recordings of a native Spanish speaker and a voice recorder so you can master perfect pronunciation anywhere, anytime. This list of the 100 most frequently used Spanish words is compact enough to fit a little review into you busy schedule. Study at your convenience at times and places that work for you! WordPower Learn Spanish Vocabulary Free also comes with an addictive Word of the Day alert and free Spanish audio lessons when you sign up for a free SpanishPod101.com account inside the app.
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Spanish Vocabulary Free FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- Support for iOS 6 and 4" Retina displays such as the iPhone 5 and 5th gen iPod Touch
- Spanish Top 100 Words: A special list of words specific to daily life in Spain or another Spanish speaking country. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- Essential Spanish vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, class and gender
- Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest SpanishPod101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated Basic Resources: Want to explore the Spanish language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Spanish learning tips, information and material
- Easy to Use Design: Intuitive iOS swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function: Search entire database in English or Spanish
- Progress Bar: Keep track of how many words you have really mastered
- Authentic Iberian Spanish pronunciation (Mexican Spanish WordPower and Peruvian Spanish WordPower also available in the iTunes store)
100 words not enough?
Upgrade to WordPower Learn Spanish Vocabulary full edition to get 2000 more words and phrases!
What's New in Version 4.1.1
-fixed a bug that breaks audio playback when using the voice recorder on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
I want to like this...
I have WordPower for Japanese and find it very useful. However, I'm hesitant to purchase the Spanish or French versions becaus none of the audio clips seem to include noun gender. I see it on the flashcard itself, but that presumes I'm looking at the flashcard at all, when I often listen to the words on this app while in my car, swiping from word to word while looking at the road.
From my previous experience learning Romance languages (I studied French for several years), the noun gender needs to be repeated over and over and over to stick in most people's heads. It must treated as part of the word itself, whether you use la, el, los, les, whatever. This isn't an option if you want your speech to be taken seriously.
If this ever gets changed, I would love to buy the app.
Great way to learn
This is exactly the way I have always visualized learning Spanish. The strategy they use to teach is hard to put into words because I don't want to over simplify it, so I'll just say it is nothing short of genius. I love it so far and can't wait until the next lesson! I wish I could get back all the money I have given to all those other learn to speak Spanish CDs, books and apps. Oh well, at least I've found something that will finally work.
Easy way to learn Spanish
I have been looking online for some time at different language courses. While many are quite good, the difference in price of them and WordPower is kind of silly. I was only using WordPowerLT but decided to go a little deeper with my learning and for $9.99 to get the full WordPower program was a no brainer! Even if you decide to go further into the language, this is an affordable way to introduce yourself to Espaniol without investing too heavily!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 12, 2013
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 470 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Innovative Language Learning, LLC
- © 2008-2013 Innovative Language Learning
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Full WordPower. Get instant access to all ~2000 words.$5.99