How do kids really learn Spanish? Not by hearing dozens of individual words! To learn Spanish, kids need focused language, full sentences, meaningful context and lots of repetition. Spanish Playground apps use these key principles ensure kids truly master structures and vocabulary so they can communicate.
Many apps present kids with hundreds of Spanish words and the English translation. Even memorizing all those Spanish words, children cannot put together or understand a single sentence! Research also shows that translation is not the most effective way to learn Spanish.
Spanish Playground creates effective learning apps for kids. Simple sentences make Spanish easy to understand, so kids learn Spanish without translation. The Spanish words are presented in full sentences, with a verb form that children can use in their daily lives. The number of words in each app is intentionally limited so that children master the vocabulary. The entertaining games provide sufficient repetition for children to hear and absorb correct pronunciation as the meaning of the words is reinforced.
Spanish Playground educational games actively engage children with the language. In the colorful video, they tap to magically produce the syllables of key Spanish words. In the sequence game, they recreate a pattern of beautiful photos as they hear the native speaker audio. In the syllable game, kids create Spanish words using the audio and photos as a reference. Kids can also use the free printable picture cards available on Spanish Playground to play Spanish games with the new words at home or school.
- Colorful 3-minute video uses full sentences to introduce kids to Spanish.
- Kids learn Spanish based on pictures and context, not translation.
- Children hear and understand new Spanish words before they speak - the natural way to learn Spanish.
- Question segment of video encourages kids to speak Spanish.
- An appropriate number of new Spanish words means children master and can produce the vocabulary.
- Interactive version of video introduces Spanish letter sounds and develops reading skills.
- Sequence game uses a fun format to reinforce pronunciation and meaning with sufficient repetition.
- Syllable game builds early reading skills and correct pronunciation as it reinforces meaning.
- Beautiful video and photos support culturally-relevant content.
- Professional, native speaker audio models perfect pronunciation.
- Educational games appeal to different learning styles and provide repetition.
- Scrolling picture dictionary reinforces meaning and pronunciation.
- Printable cards available free on Spanish Playground continue to engage kids with Spanish games at home or school.
- Play anywhere! No connectivity needed.
- No in-app purchases or advertising.
- Effective and fun!
Visit Us: http://spanishplayground.net/
Like Us: https://www.facebook.com/SpanishPlayground
Copyright © 2014. SpanishPlayground.net | All rights reserved.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great way to learn toy names
This is only 1 lesson. But my son loves it. The video is wonderfully done and the games reinforce to vocabulary. I would pay for a full version if they come up with more lessons.
- Jennifer Brunk
- 108.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2014. SpanishPlayground.net | All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.