Learn Swedish - Free WordPower
By Innovative Language Learning, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Are you interested in learning Swedish, but just don't have the time?
Let's face it, not everyone can commit full-time to learning a language. We know there are many things going on in your life: school, work, the kids, that special someone. That's why we developed WordPower Learn Swedish Vocabulary Free for the ultra-busy, 21st century lifestyle. There's absolutely no reason to miss out on all the benefits of learning Swedish just because you're light on time. With WordPower Learn Swedish Vocabulary Free, you'll start down the road to fluency and reap the rewards that go with it.
With WordPower Learn Swedish Vocabulary Free, you'll master 100 of the most frequently used words and phrases in the Swedish language right on your iOS device! The app doubles as a mini travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Swedish phrases. Learn Swedish with audio recordings of a native Swedish speaker and a voice recorder so you can master perfect pronunciation anywhere, anytime. This list of the 100 most frequently used Swedish words is compact enough to fit a little review into you busy schedule. Study at your convenience at times and places that work for you! WordPower Learn Swedish Vocabulary Free also comes with an addictive Word of the Day alert and free Swedish audio lessons when you sign up for a free SwedishPod101.com account inside the app.
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Swedish Vocabulary Free FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- New! Level 1 Basic Word List (approximately 200 words): Now you get more than just 1 word a day
- Support for iOS 6 and 4" Retina displays such as the iPhone 5 and 5th gen iPod Touch
- Swedish Top 100 Words: A special list of words specific to daily life in Sweden. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- Essential Swedish vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, class and gender
- Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest SwedishPod101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated Basic Resources: Want to explore the Swedish language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Swedish learning tips, information and material
- Easy to Use Design: Intuitive iOS swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function: Search entire database in English or Swedish
- Progress Bar: Keep track of how many words you have really mastered
100 words not enough?
Upgrade to WordPower Learn Swedish Vocabulary full edition to get 2000 more words and phrases!
What's New in Version 4.1.1
-fixed a bug that breaks audio playback when using the voice recorder on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Fun but not too terribly useful
You get a new word every day but if you fail to look at it within 24 hours or fail to add it to your word bank you can't see it ever again. Some of the words are just English words with an accent and it could be better by using more obscure words that would be harder to learn without help. I like it none the less and it's educational. I use it nearly every day.
Nice Swedish app
This language app is pretty good. The best part is using each Swedish word in multiple sentences that are also spoken by real Swedes. That is the best way to teach a new language. It shows you how to use the word and how to say it plus you learn additional words. Adding many more Swedish words would make it even better.
Awesome Swedish App!
This app offers a lot of vocabulary and also shows the structure of sentences with vocabulary in them. I love that there's a word of the day everyday because it helps you slowly take in the language. I'd recommend this app to anyone wanting to get a start in the Swedish language.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 17, 2013
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 402 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Innovative Language Learning, LLC
- © 2008-2013 Innovative Language Learning
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Full WordPower. Get instant access to all ~2000 words. $9.99