Learn the Oxford 3000
By Oxford University Press
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn the Oxford 3000 - the most important and useful words you need to know to succeed in English
By learning the Oxford 3000 you will be able to understand up to 85% of the words in a typical text in English.
With this app, you can study the words on the Oxford 3000, and test yourself on them.
• The words of the Oxford 3000 are divided into three zones, Gold, Silver and Bronze. There are 1000 words in each zone.
• The Gold zone contains the least frequent words, and Bronze contains the most frequent.
• Start in any zone you like, and unlock test levels within each zone.
• Practise meaning, usage, listening and spelling as you progress through the 3000 words.
• Answer questions to test your knowledge of the Oxford 3000 words and meanings.
• Track your progress as you go and check how many words you have learned and how many are left.
• Challenge yourself! You could set your own targets – learn 100 words in a week, complete 10 levels in a month or see how many questions you can answer in a day.
Understand what the words of the Oxford 3000 mean, how they are used, and how to spell and pronounce them.
• Fully searchable dictionary containing all the words of the Oxford 3000 and their most important meanings
• Clear, simple definitions with example sentences (taken from the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary)
• British and American pronunciation of all the Oxford 3000 words
The Oxford 3000 is a list of the most important words to learn in English, carefully selected by a group of language experts and experienced teachers. Words on the Oxford 3000 are used frequently, are used across a wide range of different contexts, and are useful for studying and using English.
Recommended if you are a learner of English with a low-intermediate level or above.
For more information about how the words in the Oxford 3000 were chosen, watch this video from Oxford University Press ELT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_qtVVAcdfk
What's New in Version 1.1
We have fixed the compatibility issues with the iPhone 6 Plus. Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this problem caused.
The app's interface doesn't fit
The interface doesn't fit Iphone6s,the UI to the right,When listening &spelling the letters are too large to show incomplete!
Please fix bug
Test mode has a bug on iphone5.
I can't see third instance.
Thanks for update! It works!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 05, 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 311 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Oxford University Press ELT
- © 2014 Oxford University Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.