Learn the Oxford 3000 - the most important and useful words you need to know to succeed in English
By learning the Oxford 3000 you will be able to understand up to 85% of the words in a typical text in English.
With this app, you can study the words on the Oxford 3000, and test yourself on them.
• The words of the Oxford 3000 are divided into three zones, Gold, Silver and Bronze. There are 1000 words in each zone.
• The Gold zone contains the least frequent words, and Bronze contains the most frequent.
• Start in any zone you like, and unlock test levels within each zone.
• Practise meaning, usage, listening and spelling as you progress through the 3000 words.
• Answer questions to test your knowledge of the Oxford 3000 words and meanings.
• Track your progress as you go and check how many words you have learned and how many are left.
• Challenge yourself! You could set your own targets – learn 100 words in a week, complete 10 levels in a month or see how many questions you can answer in a day.
Understand what the words of the Oxford 3000 mean, how they are used, and how to spell and pronounce them.
• Fully searchable dictionary containing all the words of the Oxford 3000 and their most important meanings
• Clear, simple definitions with example sentences (taken from the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary)
• British and American pronunciation of all the Oxford 3000 words
The Oxford 3000 is a list of the most important words to learn in English, carefully selected by a group of language experts and experienced teachers. Words on the Oxford 3000 are used frequently, are used across a wide range of different contexts, and are useful for studying and using English.
Recommended if you are a learner of English with a low-intermediate level or above.
For more information about how the words in the Oxford 3000 were chosen, watch this video from Oxford University Press ELT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_qtVVAcdfk
We have fixed the compatibility issues with the iPhone 6 Plus. Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this problem caused.
Ratings and Reviews
There is nothing more pleasurable than giving this app 5 big fat, bright stars.
Until this incredibly frustrating app on my new iPhone8 Plus, it’s not going to happen. I am admittedly very, very competitive. This app is so cool but, but, BUTBUTBUT . I usually, do a fair amount of typing only glancing at my screen. The app is very specific reporting a word mis-spelled because my new phone’s typed “Letter” is not recorded, or maybe it delete a letter .already typed!. No matter it says I am wrong. Man in my world wrong is not the correct answer!!! The schema for a missed word results in multiple opportunities to provide the correctly spelled word on numerous questions which will follow at some point as yet unknown. What a pain!!!
As for the iPhone 8 Plus, I have challenged the screen and tapped gently, pushed gently, firmly, hard and hit the screen with abusive force yet nothing is typed.
I would appreciate some help, please. As I said. This is a really cool APP.’m
very nice — wish it supported landscape
3 improvements would be nice:
support landscape orientation (I never use iPad in portrait)
text size control should also affect dictionary pop ups in tests
add setting to select American or British spelling
Love this app
I’m fond of this app and I'm enjoying much more than you could imagine! 😉
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.