Learn Ukrainian - Free WordPower
By Innovative Language Learning, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Are you interested in learning Ukrainian, but just don't have the time?
Let's face it, not everyone can commit full-time to learning a language. We know there are many things going on in your life: school, work, the kids, that special someone. That's why we developed WordPower Learn Ukrainian Vocabulary Free for the ultra-busy, 21st century lifestyle. There's absolutely no reason to miss out on all the benefits of learning Ukrainian just because you're light on time. With WordPower Learn Ukrainian Vocabulary Free, you'll start down the road to fluency and reap the rewards that go with it.
With WordPower Learn Ukrainian Vocabulary Free, you'll master 100 of the most frequently used words and phrases in the Ukrainian language right on your iOS device! The app doubles as a mini travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Ukrainian phrases. Learn Ukrainian with audio recordings of a native Ukrainian speaker and a voice recorder so you can master perfect pronunciation anywhere, anytime. This list of the 100 most frequently used Ukrainian words is compact enough to fit a little review into you busy schedule. Study at your convenience at times and places that work for you! WordPower Learn Ukrainian Vocabulary Free also comes with an addictive Word of the Day alert!
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Ukrainian Vocabulary Free FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- New! Level 1 Basic Word List (approximately 200 words): Now you get more than just 1 word a day
- Support for iOS 6 and 4" Retina displays such as the iPhone 5 and 5th gen iPod Touch
- Ukrainian Top 100 Words: A special list of words specific to daily life in Ukraine. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- Essential Ukrainian vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, class and gender
- Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- Updated Basic Resources: Want to explore the Ukrainian language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Ukrainian learning tips, information and material
- Easy to Use Design: Intuitive iOS swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function: Search entire database in English or Ukrainian
- Progress Bar: Keep track of how many words you have really mastered
100 words not enough?
Upgrade to WordPower Learn Ukrainian Vocabulary full edition to get 2000 more words and phrases!
What's New in Version 4.1.1
-added a button to the home screen to allow users to email support right from the app.
-improvements to the usefulness of the Word of the Day as requested by users
-more free words! Now in addition to the first 2 courses being unlocked for free, the first 2 categories are unlocked for free as well.
Я люблю Украінский так Я очень рада к иметь це апп
I love Ukrainian so I am very glad to have this app.
Later: some of the words are pronounced wrong. I know quite a bit Russian and some Ukrainian including their alphabets... I think they attached the wrong recording to different pictures. (At least four times) mostly it is the ones when the girl with the more gentle voice is speaking. Make sure you read the Ukrainian don't depend on the voice!
So I want to start learning Ukrainian, this is such a good tool for beginners. It has the Roman alphabet spelling of the words as well as the Cyrillic alphabet to help you recognize the words. It also has the proper pronunciations. I can't wait to learn more with this app.
OK, but a number of bugs
1. Audio between words fluctuates requiring constant volume adjustment.
2. Audio pronunciation for one word is transposed with another word. In other words, pronunciation for Thursday is actually for Sunday and vice versa.
3. English sentences missing common words.
...and this is AFTER upgrading for $10!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 17, 2013
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 385 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Innovative Language Learning, LLC
- © 2008-2013 Innovative Language Learning
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Full WordPower. Get instant access to all ~2000 words. $9.99