Learn Ukrainian - WordPower
By Innovative Language Learning, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WordPower Ukrainian - The Ultimate Vocabulary Builder
Learn Ukrainian with 2,000 of the Most Frequently Used Words and Phrases in the Ukrainian language right on your iOS device with the new and improved WordPower Ukrainian Vocabulary! Since the launch of iTunes App Store in 2008, WordPower Ukrainian has helped language students like you learn essential Ukrainian vocabulary and phrases related to shopping, going to the doctor, travel, technology, weather and more! The app doubles as a mini-travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Ukrainian phrases. Your journey to Ukraine begins right here, with WordPower Learn Ukrainian Vocabulary presented by InnovativeLanguage.com.
The power of these 2,000 words and phrases:
According to the experts, "A vocabulary of 1,500 words is enough to comfortably participate in everyday conversations." WordPower Ukrainian Vocabulary not only gives the core 1,500 words and phrases that make up a language, but also the tools to master them in the fastest and easiest way possible.
Will this application alone allow you to speak like a United Nations diplomat? Probably not. Will it empower you to function in everyday situations, understand the language spoken around you, and help you rapidly learn Ukrainian? Absolutely YES!
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Ukrainian Vocabulary FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- Support for iOS 6 and 4" Retina displays such as the iPhone 5 and 5th gen iPod Touch
- New! By popular demand, the Word of the Day feature of the Lite version is now included in the full version
- Approximately 2,000 Words: The most essential Ukrainian vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, class and gender
- Thousands of Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- New! Ukrainian Local List: A special list of words specific to daily life in Ukraine. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- Updated! Basic Resources: Want to explore the Ukrainian language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Ukrainian learning tips, information and material
- Updated! Easy to Use Design: Intuitive iOS swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function - Search entire database in English or Ukrainian
- Progress Bar for keeping track of how many words you have really mastered
What's New in Version 4.1.1
-added a button to the home screen to allow users to email support right from the app.
-improvements to the usefulness of the Word of the Day as requested by users
I really like this app. It's easy to use and find words quickly. I only gave it 4 stars because some of the sound bites do no match the words. For example Thursday and Sunday are switched. "Hiccup" is wrong as well. I can always ask my husband for help so this has not been a problem for me but if you don't have a native speaker around i can imagine that this could cause slight confusion if the sound does not match what is written and you do not realize it. Hopefully these little errors will be fixed in an update. But overall it is a very nice app.
This is a great app to build vocabulary. It has close to 2000 of the most common words, and it tests to true mastery (written English-Ukrainian, written Ukrainian-English, hearing the Ukrainian, seeing a picture.). Flash cards are an effective way to build vocabulary in a new language. It doesn't have any grammar (such as verb conjugations), but that's not the point of this app. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn Ukrainian.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 17, 2013
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 384 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Innovative Language Learning, LLC
- © 2008-2013 Innovative Language Learning
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.