Homer - #1 Learn to Read Program for Kids Age 2-8
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Homer is the most reliable and effective app for teaching your child to read
The Best Reading App for Kids - shown to increase early reading scores by 74%
Try Homer FREE for 30 days!
Cultivate a love of reading in your child today!
- 1,000+ phonics lessons in our groundbreaking step-by-step Homer method for kids age 2-8
- Over 200+ stories in our award-winning library of eBooks
- 200+ Science and History lessons to build advanced knowledge
- Art and Music activities to foster creativity
- Easy-to-use, nurturing, supportive and fun
- 150+ Printable Worksheets, Learning Games and Activities for when screen time is over
- 60 First Readers - your child’s first books they can read on their own!
- Capture magic memories as Homer record’s their first books read for you!
“One of the most comprehensive apps for teaching reading.”
- New York Times
Shown to increase early reading scores by 74%
- The #1 Learn-to-Read Program for kids
- Just 15 minutes a day was shown to increase early reading scores by 74% in a recent study
- 2015 Winner of the Teacher’s Choice Gold Award
- Based on research by Harvard & Stanford professors
"In just six weeks, with no intervention from teachers, students who used Learn with Homer for 15 minutes per day improved the key skills most highly correlated with future reading success. That’s a big deal.”
- Dr. Susan B. Neuman, Former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Education, Professor of Early Childhood & Literacy Education, NYU
Try Homer for FREE for 30 days and pay only $7.99 per month after that! If you don’t love it, cancel anytime. Up to four kids can learn on the same account at no extra cost. Cultivate a love of reading in your child with the #1 Learn-to-Read Program for kids, with lessons and games shown to increase early reading scores by 74% in a recent study.
“I'm very impressed with this app, it's well thought out and is one of those rare iPad apps that are both highly educational and really fun… This program is the best value for my family.”
- Leon A., Dad
Throughout 2016, Homer is free to qualified and verified teachers and librarians to support instruction with progress tracking for up to 32 individual students. A recent study showed using Homer 15 minutes a day over a 6 week period nearly doubled scores on the Test of Preschool Early Literacy, making it perfect for whole and small-group instruction, resource rooms and libraries as the most reliable and effective app for teaching a child to read.
“I have LOVED having this wonderful resource right at my fingertips! … The content is rich and correlates with what the students are learning. I have had several teachers ask me about how they can use it in their classrooms! Everyone is so impressed, including the kids!”
- Amanda H., Elementary School Teacher
- The user receives 30-days free upon beginning membership
- Membership options include monthly (7.99/month) or yearly (79.99/year - 16% discount)
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Like all other Apple subscription apps, Homer cannot use family sharing to share subscriptions across family members
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- The user may manage subscriptions & turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help
What's New in Version 3.8.6
Homer and his friends have been squashing some hum-bugs to make our lessons, stories & games work better!
If you’re in the holiday spirit, please leave us a review to help us grow!
We love Homer
My parents got my 4 year old son a year subscription to Homer as a Christmas gift. So far he hasn't been able to put it down! He loves showing me his drawings and how he can record his own voice.
Great app for children too learn by themselves but also to sit with them and work on reading and math. My mom likes it the best because my daughter and her will set for hours going over lessons together. Great product
We like it!
My five year old son (in preschool) likes this app and wanted to do a review: "You get to dress up your Wickle, you get pickles, I like the questions they ask. "A" has the sound in map, I didn't know that."
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 23, 2016
- Version: 3.8.6
- Size: 368 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: HomerLearning, Inc.
- © 2014-2016 HomerLearning, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Homer Unlimited Access$7.99
- Homer Unlimited Access$79.99
- Homer Unlimited Access$20.99
- Discover Zoo + About Us Multi-Pack$8.99
- Learn To Read 3-8 Multi-Pack$6.99
- Learn To Read 3-5 Multi-Pack$3.99
- Learn to Read Single Pack: Level 3$1.99
- Learn to Read Single Pack: Level 4$1.99
- Learn To Read 3-9 Multi-Pack$7.99
- Discover Single Pack: Feathered Friends$1.99