Capturas de pantalla del iPad
60 interactive lessons and quizzes that take you from complete beginner to basic fluency in 30 hours.
***Shortlisted for Best App at Celtic Media Festival 2014***
LearnGaelic Beginner’s Course is the world's first Scottish Gaelic course for beginners on iPad. It’s packed with native speaker audio recordings, beautiful illustrations, challenging quizzes and helpful grammar notes, this interactive app will get you speaking in no time!
* 60 lessons * 1,000+ fun illustrations * 1,800 native speaker recordings * 1,800 test questions * 60 interactive roleplays *
We teach Gaelic Orthographic Conventions (The Official Standard) Gaelic.
54 all-new lessons and quizzes that will take you from complete beginner to basic fluency in 30 hours.
Valoraciones y reseñas
Worth buying this robust app
This app is well-organized and sensible in its progression. You learn an average of 10 words per lesson in the 60 lessons and every word is learned in a fairly realistic context. It's clear that a great deal of thought went into it. I truly hope the next level is on the way.
There is one thing I keep wishing for in the dialogues. I wish there was a way to tap and play each line of the dialogue separately so I could hear each line again and again, both to practice faster comprehension and to practice pronunciations. Another helpful feature would be to be able to tap any of the extra vocabulary words in the dialogue and hear a pronunciation since those are new.
A fantastic beginner app
Awesome folks at Sealgar, I'm so grateful to you for this app. I'm from the States and studying Gaelic just for fun. I've bought the old school Teach Yourself Gaelic books and CDs, have purchased Instant Immersion's program for the PC, and am using your excellent app.
Your app is so easy to use, and it's actually fun. I love how the quizzes test my listening, my ability to construct sentences, and my ability to translate to and from Gaelic.
So this is an excellent app, and I'm psyched you guys have created it. If I were to offer a constructive suggestion, it would be a request for a bit more explanation of grammatical points. For example, with the adjectives in lesson three, mor, beag, tinn, gu math, I see that math needs "gu" in this context. So math is somehow different than all the others. I probably just need to memorize, but I find myself asking why and how this word is different. Things like that.
But this is absolutely not a complaint - I think this app is outstanding, and I'd have paid $20 for it if I'd have had to! Thank you for making this fun!
Handy & Fun Introduction to Scottish Gaelic
Three minor additional features would earn it at least another star:
1. Add brief titles, or an index, or a search feature to help users identify the subject of each lesson and make it easier to find the one that covers an area a learner may want to go back and review (subjects like weather, transportation, locations, shopping, jobs, etc, and the verb(s).
2. A glossary with all the neat little expressions that are tossed into the dialogues (indeed, certainly, etc.)
3. A "final exam" or cumulative practice feature covering everything.
- Sealgar Limited
- 395.2 MB
- Requiere iOS 6.0 o posterior. Compatible con iPad.
- Clasificación 12+ por lo siguiente:
- Consumo de alcohol, tabaco o drogas (o referencias al mismo) poco frecuente/moderado
- © 2014 MG ALBA
Compartir en familia
Hasta seis miembros de una familia podrán usar esta app mientras la función Compartir en familia esté activada.