L'Ecorché is a groundbreaking, intuitive tool developed by artists, for artists to reference anatomy. It's not a book, it's not a sculpture. It's an elegant and painstakingly-detailed fusion of the two that takes the best of both and brings them into a whole new medium for learning.
Originally developed by animation sculptor Michael Defeo as a personal reference tool for his courses with anatomy expert Scott Eaton, this application has grown from a simple sculpture for the iPad into a fully-developed application for iPad, iPhone, Mac desktop.
Working with world-renowned anatomy expert Scott Eaton, Michael has designed an intuitive app that features classical, educational and instructional versions of Jean-Antoine Houdon's iconic "écorché."
Rather than simply looking at a book or a sculpture, the artist can now:
* tumble and zoom the model from 360 degree angles;
* switch to Scott's updated version which keeps the original grace while providing anatomical corrections;
* toggle an informational overlay which will reveal a full muscular map that includes text indicating origin, inserts and actions.
* In addition, Scott is overseeing Michael's planar and primitive versions that will help the artist better understand the forms at play, with both artists working tirelessly to ensure maximum correctness, elegance, intuition and usability.
* This is not a posable figure. Rather, think of it as having this classic sculpture on your device.
Fixed a crash when there are no illustrations associated with a muscle.
Ratings and Reviews
update will not install
I have 3 iOS devices, an iPhone 6+, an iPad mini and an iPad Air. I have tried to update this app on all three devices. It goes through the motions. The progress circle completes, and then the Update button reappears. On the iPhone 6+ I deleted the app, and have tried to re-download and install, to no avail. It again completes the progress circle, but no install takes place. There is a problem with this update. The “Report a Problem” link here goes to a static website with no option for reporting or providing any kind of feedback. I like the program, and have used it for over a year, but this update is either corrupt or flawed.
Update is DOA...
Reporting same problem as others (and there's no way to report problems on dev website). February 2016 update downloads and then doesn't install. Icon reverts to download state. Have tried deleting app and now I'm without it completely (which is a pain, since it's a very useful app).
Please get this fixed!
Update coming soon?
Hi , I just tried you David ‘s plaster and the app is no longer opening with the latest iOS . I was recommending it to other artist for their topology study, but couldn’t open on my iPad Pro.
- MD3D, Inc
- 168.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2012
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.