** This update includes 2018/19 Lectionary content. Supports iOS 9 and above**
Integrate the Church of England's pattern of daily Bible readings seamlessly into your life with the official Common Worship Lectionary app for iPad.
For each day of the church year, it presents the Common Worship lectionary readings in full, complete with dynamic links to the Bible passages themselves (NRSV translation). All approved variations are clearly presented, including the Additional Weekday Lectionary.
The app also allows you to:
- Access the Collect and Post-Communions for the day at the touch of a button.
- Mark and annotate records – ideal for service planning.
- View the week's lectionary in a single page.
- Start your annual lectionary whenever you like: no need to wait for the new church year.
- Read biographies from 'Saints on Earth' of individuals commemorated in the Common Worship calendar on that day.
The app is free to download and includes a free 14-day subscription with access to offline Bible readings. After this has expired you can take out a subscription to access either online only or offline.
• In-app subscriptions are purchased using your iTunes account and automatically renew. 12 month or 3 month subscription options are available
• If you already have a web subscription you can use these account details in the app to view available content.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
The Common Worship Lectionary app includes the official Calendar, Bible Readings (NRSV) and Collects from the Church of England.
Integrate the Church of England's pattern of daily Bible readings seamlessly into your life, this version includes
- Fixes to subscription related bugs
- Other minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, very useful tool
I love using the Book of Common Prayer’s calendar of reading to guide my Bible study, but can’t always bring my physical BCP with me. There are lots of apps and websites out there with the Order for the Day in them, but I find having to scroll through all the prayers and readings on a phone distracting and prefer a list of just the day’s readings so I can look them up on my own. This app is perfect for that - simple, straightforward, and not distracting.
Bought and used for four years. Then the liars went to subscription. Unworthy of the Church of England.
This is an annual subscription, not a Lectionary. And the fee is exorbitant for what it is. If I purchased a book, or just about any other app, I'd pay once. It's not like the content changes. I've deleted it and found the same content elsewhere for a much better price.
- Aimer Media Ltd.
- 92.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Aimer Media Ltd and The Archbishops’ Council 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- In-App Purchases
- Full Lectionary: 12 months with off-line Bible (NRSV) readings $8.99
- Basic Lectionary: 12 months with on-line Bible (NRSV) readings $4.99
- Basic Lectionary: 3 months with on-line Bible (NRSV) readings $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.