By Thomas Cormier
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Take a new picture or select one from the device's photo albums. Record your voice describing the picture to create a Pict-Oral memory."
Create separate galleries for multiple storytellers to easily organize recording sessions without having to keep track of which photo or recording belongs to whom.
The app uploads your recordings to a free profile for each storyteller in the LegacyStories.org website to archive and share recordings. (Must use the teller’s LegacyStories website log in email and password).
From the website you can create or order a Pict-Oral Memoir, burned onto 100-year archival DVD.
Common uses can be:
1. Take a photo of an ancestor's photo to tell what you know about the person, passing on important family history to future generations.
2. Create a story thread of a particular life era, event or person and arrange in sequence on the LegacyStories website. Each thread can be rendered into a Pict-Oral MemoirTM
3. Use the app to launch “Pict-Oral History Projects” for communities, ethnic and cultural organizations, veterans groups, libraries, historical societies and museums, non-profit fundraising, etc. See “Programs” on the LegacyStories website.
4. The app makes it easy to install life review programs for patients or residents in hospice, memory care, assisted or independent living.
5. Certified Legacy Advisors and Planners use the app to help people organize and prioritize legacy content to be included in their estate plan. To become a planner see “Careers” on the LegacyStories website.
Once you've uploaded your recordings to the LegacyStories website, you can log in and link them to one of over 5 billion ancestor records in FamilySearch’s Family Tree, the world's official tree of humankind.
Legacy Matters! Pass it on!!
What's New in Version 2.4
Support for iOS 11